PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Unable to upload to Lr or PSE :(

Ms Monny
26-12-2012, 8:54pm
Hoping someone can help me.

Wanting to edit my Christmas photos and when I used both the camera or the card to upload my photos to Lr, a message says

"The following files were not imported because they could not be read"

I then tried to import to PSE, but nothing happens, not even a message.

I have never encountered this problem before. :2confu:

Stingray
26-12-2012, 8:59pm
Can you still view them in camera?
if so.. can you try importing them on another computer?

Ms Monny
26-12-2012, 9:07pm
I can view them in the camera, and also in Lr when I am chosing which ones to import.

I can't put them on to another computer as I don't have the software to do so (these are RAW) and I don't want to upload Lr onto the other computer, then try and forward all the pics as they are big files.

Do you think it is the computer?? I have been having trouble opening my email and had to repair my iTunes as well.

ricktas
26-12-2012, 9:11pm
can you just use windows explorer to copy them from the card to say a folder on your desktop?

Ms Monny
26-12-2012, 9:28pm
hmm, might see if that works....and then import them from the folder??

Will try now.....

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Rick, it worked! Certainly don't want to do it that way all the time....lets hope it sorts itself out!

ricktas
27-12-2012, 7:23am

Will try now.....

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Rick, it worked! Certainly don't want to do it that way all the time....lets hope it sorts itself out!

Ok that means it is an issue between LR/PSE and your camera. Have you downloaded all the latest updates for the software? Go into the software, under Help > Check for updates. If it finds some, install and repeat the check for updates till it finds no more.

fillum
27-12-2012, 9:51am
I don't know about Canon, but on my Nikon there are a couple of options for USB connections. Maybe check if it's the same on your 60D and that you have the correct option set. (Although it's odd that you could still see the images in LR but not import them).

Cheers.

arthurking83
27-12-2012, 3:03pm

Will try now.....

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about Canon, but on my Nikon there are a couple of options for USB connections.

Couldn't be part of the problem as the connection to the PC is confirmed and working via Windows Explorer(so it seems).

To track the issue, maybe the OP should also re confirm the connection via another image related software(DPP comes to mind) and see if transferring to the PC works in this manner also.

This will confirm that LR/PSE are the culprits .. and if this is the case, then it's most likely that the built in transfer software(would that be Bridge??) will be the cause of the issue.
Both those software should share a mutual interface to the USB/camera interface.

To the OP:
Once you realised there was an issue with your software recognising the files on the camera/card did you try a PC reboot to see if that would help?
Also! .. did you connect the camera directly to the PC or did you connect the card via a card reader?