PDA

View Full Version : DJ from Brisvegas travelling to beautiful Tassie - yepeeee

dbose
16-12-2012, 11:54pm
Hello fellow AP-ers

I'll be travelling to Tassie with my family for our Christmas break - really excited... We start on the 18th from Brisi and reach Devonport on the 19th morning vis the spirit of Tasmania. We will be in Launceston from the 19th to 21st leaving for Cradle mountain on the 22nd. We will spend 2 nights at Cradle mountain and then leave for St Helens on the 24th for one night (very short I know). We spend the 25th and 26th night in Bicheno before heading to Port Arthur fro 2 nights of the 27th and 28th. Then e head to Bruney Island for one night on the 29th. We finish the last 4 days from the 30th to the 2nd in Hobart heading back to Brisbane on the 3rd.

I know there are many keen photographers in Tassie and would love to meet some of yous if I could. I am a landscape ammeter photographer an love to shoot Sunrise and Sunsets. Any suggestions would be appreciated as well.

Would LOVE to come back with the photos of my lifetime :)

ricktas
17-12-2012, 6:36am
You will find so many opportunities just driving round from place to place. St Helens and Bicheno will offer you great chances for sunrises as they face east, so you will get sun rises over the Tasman Sea. Bruny (depending on where you are staying) can offer both sunrises and sunsets with coastal views.

Once you get here you will realise that whilst there are some well known photography locations, there are so many opportunities that trying to create a list will just see your deviate from it, repeatedly.

When you get to Hobart, post again and if I am around, I might be able to catch up for a sunrise/sunset etc

Analog6
17-12-2012, 6:59am
You'll have a great time. If you can email me I have some Google earth links plus some notes I sent to a FB tog friend who is travelling down tomorrow on the boat. analog6@onthenet.com.au

Warus
17-12-2012, 8:32am
Are you going to see the penguins at Bicheno? If so put the fastest lens on you have and bump the ISO way way up as you can't use flash and best you get is a torch shining off to the side. As for Cradle mountain you can't help but fall over great shots.

dbose
17-12-2012, 10:27am
You'll have a great time. If you can email me I have some Google earth links plus some notes I sent to a FB tog friend who is travelling down tomorrow on the boat. analog6@onthenet.com.au

Thanks Odille - got your email which is very useful. I have sent you my mobile as well just in case.

- - - Updated - - -

You will find so many opportunities just driving round from place to place. St Helens and Bicheno will offer you great chances for sunrises as they face east, so you will get sun rises over the Tasman Sea. Bruny (depending on where you are staying) can offer both sunrises and sunsets with coastal views.

Once you get here you will realise that whilst there are some well known photography locations, there are so many opportunities that trying to create a list will just see your deviate from it, repeatedly.

When you get to Hobart, post again and if I am around, I might be able to catch up for a sunrise/sunset etc

Great Thanks a ton Rick. Would LOVE to meet you as well. I will be in Hobart from the 30th midday until the 3rd mid morning. So for Sunrise I will get the 31st, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I will post when I get ot Hobart and would love to meet for a Sunrise shoot.

dbose
28-12-2012, 10:49am
Hi Guys - I am at Port Arthur until midday tomorrow. We have been to EagleHawk Neck (devil's kitchen). Any other interesting place to shoot from?

We will be going on the historic and ghost tour today.

ricktas
28-12-2012, 10:58am
try and get to salt water river and the convict coal mines.

dbose
28-12-2012, 5:51pm
thanks Rick will go to salt water river tomorrow morning then on our way to Hobart. BTW we will be in Hobart from Sunday evening (spending tomorrow night and Sunday morning at Bruny island).

Would be nice if we could catch up for a morning shoot somewhere while I am here :)

I have a car and will be able to drive. And off-course will need plenty of advise on spots in Hobart please.

ricktas
28-12-2012, 7:04pm
I will be up the East Coast tomorrow, but back into Hobart tomorrow evening. If you really want to get up early for a sunrise (sunrise is around 5.30am at present) we could do that, or a sunset, if you feel less inclined to be on a beach by around 4.30am..hehe

dbose
28-12-2012, 9:54pm
I will be up the East Coast tomorrow, but back into Hobart tomorrow evening. If you really want to get up early for a sunrise (sunrise is around 5.30am at present) we could do that, or a sunset, if you feel less inclined to be on a beach by around 4.30am..hehe

Thanks Rick - do hope to catch up if we can. I am used to early mornings (well mostly :)...). Given sunset is not until almost 9PM and most days we are somewhere with the family until late, probably mornings would be better. We are staying at Mercure on 156 Bathurst Street - it's apparently near the pier.