PDA

View Full Version : Which software

Glenda
11-12-2012, 1:45pm
Just wondering which panorama stitching software you use. I know I am never completely happy with what happens in Elements a lot of the time.

Mary Anne
11-12-2012, 1:58pm
You could try Microsoft ICE its a freebie though I know there are better ones used, Autopanopro supposed to be a good one..
Do a search as this has been on plenty of times and there has to be a few Threads somewhere.

ricktas
11-12-2012, 2:10pm
I use the one in Photoshop

ameerat42
11-12-2012, 3:26pm
Hugin, Autopano, now rarely, Canon Photostitch. 1nce or 2ce I tried CS2 Photoshop.

Unless you've got the - by all reports - latest Adobe CS version, you will need more than one.

Am.

ricktas
11-12-2012, 6:01pm
PS. if you have a D800 and use CS6, it doesnt like to merge the raw files. Actually doesn't like is being kind, it simply refuses. You click OK and it does Zip..Nada..Nil..Zilch..Nuffin.

Epoc
11-12-2012, 7:52pm
Hands down PTGui. Bit of a leaning curve, but will stitch anything and stitch it well.

Glenda
12-12-2012, 7:07am
Thanks everyone. I downloaded Microsoft Ice and trial versions of PTGui and Autopano Pro and had a quick play with them. Took a quick hand held pano on the weekend and the only one to stitch it well automatically was Autopano. I also rescued a series of shots I took in India from the recycle bin and both PTGui and Autopano did a good job with them. I had binned them after being so disappointed with elements attempt at stitching them. Will watch the tutorials and play with another couple before deciding.