PDA

View Full Version : AP Sydney 2012 Xmas gettogether - Darey

Darey
10-12-2012, 5:40pm
Well what a night,
It was blowing a gale when Mary and I left Frenchs Forest to go to Clifton gardens for the 2102 AP Christmas meetup but to our pleasant surprise the Clifton Gardens reserve was well sheltered from the wind and there was a good turnout of APers for the fun, food and games.

We started the evening with lots of chatting amongst ourselves, eating, drinking and generally having fun while waiting for the sun to go down.

Some of us went for a walk along a foreshore path with the hope of getting a couple of seascape shots, or for that fact any shots.
Here are (from back to front) Mr Felix, Peterb666, NikonNellie and Racoon doing their bit.

When we got back to the Reserve we found some local lads providing some entertainment by jumping off the local wharf and landing in some very awkward positions. (I have provided about 30 action shots to the lads and they are extremely happy with them. (Awesome mate :-) ))

Finally the sun went down and we got into taking some very amateurish light painting shots.
Here is a reasonable shot of a very good light orb created by Katoopi (Karen)

Here we are a lighting up Mr Felix

And finally we lit up Karen's daughter.

Thank you everyone for a very enjoyable evening. Mary and I enjoyed ourselves and wish you all.

:santa: :christmasparty: MERRY CHRISTMAS :xmas31:

old dog
10-12-2012, 7:44pm
great stuff Darey. Glad you all had a good time.

peterb666
10-12-2012, 9:14pm
Great stuff - I really like the blue orb and Karen's daughter. It was a lot of fun and I can see some more of these shoots coming up. :2appla:

judybee
11-12-2012, 12:48pm
I love the image of the orb. it is really good !!!

Warren Ackary
11-12-2012, 9:43pm
Looked like an awesome time.. sorry I couldnt have been there, family first though.

Darey
12-12-2012, 3:53pm
Graeme, Thanks for the kind comment, as you know we have lots of fun when we get together. By the way Merry Christmas. :santa:

Peter, Thanks mate, I would like to get out and do a more planned light painting shoot again soon, we will have to work on that.

Judy, Karen did a goo job with the Orb and I'm very happy with the outcome. It was nice to see you again and Mary and I enjoyed our night out.

Warren, We had a good time and it's a pity you couldn't come alone. Looking forward to seeing you on a shoot soon.

ktoopi
13-12-2012, 11:45am
It was great fun wasn't it? I'm keen to do more light painting to. When I get past the Christmas madness I want to get out and refine my orb skills.I also want to try some drawing with different coloured torches....maybe another meet will have to happen!!:2smile:
I bet those lads were thrilled to get some photos of their hijinks!

kurra
15-12-2012, 8:15pm
Glad you all had a good time. The light painting is always fun and a great job creating the orb.

KHo
28-12-2012, 9:32pm
loving the orb..makes me wana go get some light painting done too