PDA

View Full Version : Intro letters to potential clients

bitrusty
27-11-2012, 5:20pm
Hi guys trying to rack my brains and come up with a letter to send to potential customers with sporting shots that are of interest to them ,eg,Sponsers or competitors.How do you guys think of how to approach them?

ricktas
27-11-2012, 6:36pm
Are you sending 'cold' letters to people that are not expecting them, or are you sending these letters to people who have expressed an interest in getting copies of photos?

bitrusty
27-11-2012, 9:57pm
They are a bit of both i have meet alot of people lately interested and alot of people that i havent met but have been told to send my images in to them.Mostly are shots of athletes in action with their sponsors logos blasted across the image.One of the gentlemen i met was a promotor to a race and dont want to look like an amatuer in my letters to them

ricktas
27-11-2012, 10:11pm
Sounds like you need to consider several form letters depending on who you are sending them to and whether they have expressed an interest or not.

Start off by creating several separate paragraphs that cover what you want to say. Things like an intro paragraph, a products on offer paragraph, a closing paragraph. Write them separately as 'complete' units of their own. Once you have a series of these paragraphs you can mix-n-match them to create your individual letters.

Refine the paragraphs, get friends to read then, post them on here, and get feedback, till each paragraph is complete as its own entity, but can be combined with the other relevant paragraphs relevant to the intended recipient. You may find after a while that you can use these paragraphs to create 2-3 letters, each with varying intent, but that combine some of the same content.

Having a set of 'standard' letters is a good way to go for any business. Also remember to allow for personalisation. Using the person's name or relevant sport/sponsors name in the content also keeps the reader interested and makes them feel that the letter is not a standard one, but written to them personally. This is a big plus. How often do you get some standard letter in the mail and glance over it and throw it out? Things from you finance company, bank, ISP etc. We have all become very aware of marketing 'spam' and you need to ensure your letter does not come across like that and get thrown in the bin with the other bulk mail stuff that the recipient is likely to get in their mail on the same day.

pmack
28-11-2012, 9:14pm
Yeah very important to get others to read them, as when you write something badly or you include grammar or spelling mistakes, it can be hard to pick them up. At worst, wait till the next day and read again, that way it is more like reading someone else's work and you are more likely to notice your mistakes.

ricktas
28-11-2012, 9:32pm
a good proof reading method for spelling errors is to read it backwards, the writing is no lonnger congruous so you see mistakes easier

easier mistakes see you so congruous lonnger no is writing the ,backwards it read to is errors spelling for method reading proof good a

kalley
28-11-2012, 10:26pm
If I may also say use the simple rule in business, KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid.

The first few lines will always mean something, so make it short and simple and positive.

You need to make out your are different without sounding desperate.

Kevin

pmack
01-12-2012, 10:37am
a good proof reading method for spelling errors is to read it backwards, the writing is no lonnger congruous so you see mistakes easier

easier mistakes see you so congruous lonnger no is writing the ,backwards it read to is errors spelling for method reading proof good a
nice, worked for me!