PDA

View Full Version : LR4 export to JPG colour washed out

eMOJO
26-11-2012, 10:39pm
I have an issue with exported JPG files from LR4 looking washed out... just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

I'm using a D600 (NEF) with the latest update to LR4 and ACR, strange thing is when I export an older file (CR2) from my 400D there is hardly any loss of colour :confused013 LR4 doesn't yet fully support the D600 but how could this be an issue as Nikon have been using NEF files for years!

If anyone has any idea on what the issue could be I would love to hear from you as I don't know what else to try...

Cheers
E

Wayne
26-11-2012, 11:07pm
Colour space upon export. Is it Adobe RGB, ProphotoRGB or sRGB? Perhaps some other space?

eMOJO
26-11-2012, 11:08pm
I've tried all three colorspace oprions with the same result... that's what I thought may have been the issue

I'm downloading the Candidate release of LR4 v4.3 and ACR v7.3

I'll post my results after testing...

ricktas
27-11-2012, 6:34am
If the colourspace issue is not the answer, check that you are not applying some sort of preset on export. It could well be that in LR there is something set in the export settings that is being applied as you export. Also try changing the export settings to say export as TIF and see if the issue occurs. If it is happening across filetypes it has to be a global setting. If the TIF export is good, then there is something being applied to JPG files. Basically use a process of elimination to determine the cause.

eMOJO
29-11-2012, 12:29am
Well it seems, to my surprise, the LR4.3 CR version has fixed the issue so with full camera support it's now exporting the images correctly or, I'm guessing, displaying them correctly in LR4 before export.

Thanks everyone for your input.