PDA

View Full Version : Which lens would you use?

Scrap
18-11-2012, 1:28pm
Hi there...i've been asked to do a indoor swimwear photoshoot for a friend.
The venue is small and has both natural light (skylight) and artificial light.
I'm a learner and this is my first photoshoot.
I plan to hire a speedlite 430EX11 and reflectors but i'm undecided on lenses?
I have a Canon EOS 1100D with a EFS 18-55 macro and a 75-300 zoom.
The space i have to shoot in is a little restricted,so i want to be able to get in close and show detail on the swimwear while capturing the pool and surrounding architecture.
What lens would you suggest?

Brian500au
18-11-2012, 1:53pm
Are you going to hiring a lens or are you asking which of the two you have listed you would use?

ameerat42
18-11-2012, 1:59pm
Scrap. Can you get to this venue and take someone to practice with your present gear?
Am.

Scrap
18-11-2012, 3:31pm
Are you going to hiring a lens or are you asking which of the two you have listed you would use?

I'll be taking the two lenses mentioned but was thinking maybe i need a wide angle lens?
Hoping for suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

Scrap. Can you get to this venue and take someone to practice with your present gear?
Am.

Yes excellent idea,i'll give that a go.

ameerat42
18-11-2012, 4:11pm
Scrap. After you've had a practice, any wide angle would likely be a 10-20mm. This would complement the 10-55.

Note that if you use wide, you'd want to - maybe - not get too close and cause differential enlargement, ie, distortion that you might not want.

The likes of a 10-20 would be for wide shots where the people are a bit distant.
Am.

Also, so many lenses might require another body.

MarkChap
18-11-2012, 5:32pm
If the venue has a pool, space can't be that restricted, I would think that the 18-55 will give you all the width you are going to need