PDA

View Full Version : Photographic buddy

Ms Monny
10-11-2012, 4:05pm
Well, I am here contemplating how I need to get out more and take more pictures...even though I feel guilty about it! Yep, guilty that I will be doing something without the family (family gets very bored when I am out photographing!!).

Sooooo, I was wondering if there are any Southerners out there that would be able to come out to do afternoon shoots or morning shoots on the weekends, now that the weather is getting nicer. I enjoy doing photography by myself but I certainly enjoy company too.

Any takers???

outstar79
10-11-2012, 5:16pm
You know I would, if I lived in SA. But seriously, taking a photographic buddy is really rewarding as I found out on a recent outing with a couple of pros from the city (pro's by meaning they run they're on photography workshops around WA) it's the different skill set and knowledge they bring to the table and they're willing to give you a few pointer - and not only that, they understand the lingo unlike our long-suffering partners! :D

Ms Monny
11-11-2012, 9:33am
Well Adam...it looks like I will have to fly over to WA to have a buddy!! I know Rosemary has been trying to get us together for a shoot...but I thought there might just be someone who lived in maybe Goolwa or Victor area. Apparently not! :(. Or they just haven't popped on the computer and seen this! :)

ricktas
11-11-2012, 9:38am
Join in on an SA meet (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?98-SA) Monika, that way you gain a few photo buddies and can catch up with different ones at different times.

Ms Monny
11-11-2012, 10:30am
I have done a SA meet with Kym once. All the other times I have been unavailable or they are on the other side of the city (2 hr drive). Was hoping there was someone to connect with just to do a sunset shoot one night one weekend.

Kym
11-11-2012, 10:36am
Adelaide's geography is problematic :(

I'll probably organise a southern districts meeting during the Christmas break

Maybe Raywood Nursery (Deep creek), followed by Nangawooka outside Victor both with lots of birdlife

Ms Monny
11-11-2012, 10:39am
True Kym! I will def join you in the Southern meets. :)

Have a good day today!

gorillagirl
11-11-2012, 11:26am
This is exactly what I need, you must have read my mind. There are places I want to go but won't go alone for safety reasons so this could benefit us both. Pm me if you are happy to discuss details. I promise I'm not a nutter :lol:

Ms Monny
11-11-2012, 1:15pm
Excellent!! Will PM you when I am back home! :D

gorillagirl
11-11-2012, 1:19pm
Talk to you then!

Mark L
11-11-2012, 7:33pm
.......... I promise I'm not a nutter :lol:

So now you only have to worry about Monika!!!!:D:D:D

Ms Monny
12-11-2012, 9:01am
:crzy: and gorillagirl will soon find out........ :lol2:

gorillagirl
12-11-2012, 9:05am
I've met some top level cray cray so it will be hard to outdo them :lol:

HappySnapper
13-01-2013, 10:00am
Well, I am here contemplating how I need to get out more and take more pictures...even though I feel guilty about it! Yep, guilty that I will be doing something without the family (family gets very bored when I am out photographing!!).

Sooooo, I was wondering if there are any Southerners out there that would be able to come out to do afternoon shoots or morning shoots on the weekends, now that the weather is getting nicer. I enjoy doing photography by myself but I certainly enjoy company too.

Any takers???

I know this thread is now a couple of years old, but ut's always relevant, don't we all need a "Buddy" to shoot with ??

My New Years Resolution is to shoot more, so if the OP or anyone else (Southern area) is looking for someone with more gear than talent to shoot with, let me know !

Particularly people / portraits ..........

I'd like to say I'm not a nutter............

Cheers,

Austen.

ricktas
13-01-2013, 11:37am
Hey Happysnapper, hope we get to see some of your photos on the forums for critique soon. You will find if you join in and make some online friends here, then people will be more interested in joining you in real life.

Mathy
13-01-2013, 11:52pm
I live down Semaphore way and would be happy to participate in a monthly (or whatever) get together on a Saturday. I work nights, Monday -> Friday, so joining the local Photography Club isn't going to work. I can also shoot Mondays and Wednesdays from mid-morning to mid-afteroon. Would love to have someone to shoot with, to compare notes and share ideas etc. I'm happy to meet halfway and I'm fond of a good coffee, cheers Deb

wedgtail
29-01-2013, 11:44am
I live out north of the city and have Tuesdays and Thursday off . I would like to meet up with a Nikon shooter as I am thinking of changing to a D600.
Cheers Mark

Ezookiel
29-01-2013, 5:04pm
I've been incredibly lazy with my photography lately. Hardly touched the camera in months.
I should probably start an ACT thread along these same lines and see if other Canberra/Queanbeyan people want to get together for some photography. It might make me get my lazy butt out of bed, or off the lounge. I work shift work though, so it's hard to nail down specific days I'll always be available except for Mondays - I always have Mondays off.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this thread is now a couple of years old

Only a couple of months old actually - started 10/11/12

Dylansmum
03-02-2013, 9:59am
And once again someone is ressurecting this thread. I'm down south of adelaide and always looking for an excuse to go out and shoot. If anyone has a little group going in this area let me know I would love to join in :)

rbat
17-03-2013, 10:36pm
I also live West and would love a sunset buddy :) Generally it is always more fun to go out with someone and share ideas/tips. I'm about to join a camera club too, so I hope I might meet some new people there to shoot with.

secludedsea
25-12-2013, 11:58am
I'm new to this forum and live North of Adelaide. I don't get out as much as I'd like but would be great to change that in 2014. Anyone interested in a meet or buddy? I can get into all photography, including night, sunset, landscape, wildlife etc. all good learning!
Anyway, just PM me if any interest!

steve