PDA

View Full Version : Problem with recognised lens profiles not being found/applied in Lightroom 4?

JayR
07-11-2012, 12:40am
Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm finding that the lens profiles in Light room are playing up - sometimes they are there for use on some images, others not.
I know that the lens I've used has a profile (its available in a drop-down menu in some images) but then in others it doesnt automatically come up as an option, and even trying to select it manually, the 'make' section only lists Apple, Canon, Nikon, Sigma, Sony or Tamron - no Pentax (even though its in the EXIF, AND Ive definitely had the lens come up as an option in the same session but on another image)

Really cant work out what's going on or whether Im missing something.

ricktas
07-11-2012, 6:45am
have you checked for updates to LR4? Maybe when you have seen it in the past it was V3 of LR at the time?

What about particular lenses. Maybe its a particular lens, rather than Pentax lenses in general?

JayR
07-11-2012, 10:26am
It doesnt seem to be consistent with the lenses. One minute one set of images was working fine, the next the same set of images wasnt recognising the lens anymore.

Since I wrote this post, the set in question began recognising the lens and being able to apply the corrections. Perhaps the first few images in the set were .jpg (that I dont believe will work with lens corrections) had something to do with it. Who knows.
Must get around to installing the update...

ScottM
07-11-2012, 11:07am
Hi Jay,
You half answered your question before I could reply...
The lens profiles are either for JPEG, or for RAW. I reckon the first few probably were for JPEG, and then possibly you tried working on a few raws. Although, there could be something funny happening too :(

WhoDo
07-11-2012, 6:15pm
Perhaps the first few images in the set were .jpg (that I dont believe will work with lens corrections) had something to do with it. Who knows.
That sounds to be the problem AFAIK. I've seen it once or twice as well, when I've tried to re-edit a JPG that had previously had a profile applied from the RAW. Running LR4.2 now with no dramas, so the update is worthwhile IMHO.