PDA

View Full Version : The value in Registering AND Insuring your parcels.

Cage
31-10-2012, 2:30pm
I've just sold my K5 to a gent in Victoria and sent it to his suburban PO box.

It was posted 23/10/2012 and hadn't arrived as of yesterday. :confused013

I did a 'track' on the Registered Post No. and was somewhat surprised to see that it had been delivered on 25/10/2012.

Yes, it was delivered, from the wrong Post Office, to the wrong person.

The parcel was dropped at the wrong Post Office, and when the box holder at the wrong PO got a card saying they had a parcel to collect, it was given to them and they signed for it in a different name to the addressee.

I don't think it is on the level rocket science technology to look at a clearly marked address label and see that the item is at the wrong Post Office. :scrtch:

Anyway I've started an investigation so I hope it gets sorted quickly and the guy gets his camera in the same pristine condition I sent it to him in.

The bottom line ! I sent it Registered AND insured for it's value, so if things do go 'base over apex' I'm covered.

Kym
31-10-2012, 2:38pm
In this case the PO are at fault. Will be interesting to see how this evolves

Epoc
31-10-2012, 5:42pm
The LPO is supposed to check ID before allowing pickup on a registered post article.

ameerat42
31-10-2012, 6:13pm
There was a story of this ilk on TV recently, where they caught the (lack of) character that was "receiving" the wayward goods.
I hope the malefactors get their just desserts: carp (anagram) pie would suit them!
Am (waiting on more of this tale).

More dessert: a swifty to the brass razoo!

Cage
31-10-2012, 8:45pm
Update:

I got a call from the Post Office that shouldn't have received the parcel assuring me that all scans were kosha, and that they followed AusPost protocol to the letter, and delivered the parcel to the right person.

When I pointed out that they were not the designated PO on the address label, and that nobody in their shop noticed that minor discrepancy, their attitude changed from supercilious to sort of helpful.

They conceded that there may have been a slip-up, and said that they would contact the holder of the PO box, right number, wrong Post Office, and try to get the parcel returned.

We (me and the guy whose K5 is lost in 'AusPost Land') are awaiting an up-date.

I hope for their sakes that they find the parcel pronto, because if I have to lodge an insurance claim I'm sure the heavies from the insurance Co. will not be as co-operative as I've been.

Cheers

Kevin

kalley
31-10-2012, 8:50pm
Kevin

As we are all in the technology age now. Australia Post has a facebook page and they hate nothing more than seeing complaints in there comments.

If nothing happens try that and I reckon you will get a response real fast.

Cheers from me another Kevin :D

PeterP
31-10-2012, 10:16pm
Good luck Kevin. Always pays to register and insure. I ensure I use both those services when I purchase items for my other hobby, being a collector of 1:18 diecast models. Good luck with it.;)

Warbler
01-11-2012, 7:09am
Australia Post do not have a great record of late where I live. They had been delivering the odd letter and parcel to the incorrect address for the past SIX years. Yes that's right, SIX years. The lady at that address drops my stuff off, and I drop her stuff off. Australia Post just do nothing. So, good luck with that!

Oh, my problems with Australia Post started when they sacked my postman. He apparently punched his supervisor. He was a GREAT postman though. He'd see you down the street and say hello by name.
When my mail stared going astray I wanted to punch his supervisor too. :lol2:

Getting back to your issue, I always insure my camera gear when I send it off on the post too. Never lose stuff going away, only when it's coming back. Do you know who Australia Post insure with? I've not had to claim because it is the sender who has to do that, but I suspect they carry their own risk. That probably won't help.

ricktas
01-11-2012, 7:45am
Their online tracking service is hopeless as well. I have had items say the tracking number doesn't exist, and then have the item turn up, with the exact tracking number on it that doesn't exist, or items delivered only to see that 2-3 days later their tracking service still says it is 'in transit' between States. Or the best one, that it had been delivered and signed for, when in reality it was sitting on the floor in their Hobart East Depot, and had been for 3 days cause the driver for my area kept running out of room in his van for all his deliveries, so he just left a heap of deliveries in the depot for days. After they finally found that one I was told it could be delivered within a day or two, I drove to their depot and collected it myself.

Warbler
01-11-2012, 8:23am
What you describe Rick is pretty much what was happening here with parcel delivery. They contracted out their parcel delivery. Someone sitting in an office in Melbourne set delivery times per item and these were written into the contracts. Unfortunately they weren't achievable. A classic example of incorrect performance measures leading to incorrect outcomes. What would happen would be the drivers logging the parcel as "no-one in attendance" and taking them back to the depot. No card in the letterbox because he didn't even attempt to deliver. The post office holding the parcel would then send you a reminder a week later if you hadn't collected the item. The contractor here wasn't paying his staff so they went on strike and left all the parcels locked in the van for two days. The contractor was eventually terminated and staff starting delivering the backlog.

Sorry to hijack your post trueblu. I'll leave it there and wish you the best of luck.

Tommo1965
01-11-2012, 9:50am
I must admit I've never had a problem with Auspost.... I always send my items Platinum post with the relevant insurance ...I want all my posted items to be signed for and have tracking..to protect me and my buyer...this is a cost built in to all my ebay transaction and when a buyer asks for cheaper postage I decline .

wise move to insure Kev..your story reinforces my own mindset

Cage
01-11-2012, 8:50pm
OK, after three days of a total lack of willingness on the part of the management and staff at Vermont PO to rectify their mistakes, I'm really getting p!$$ed off !!!

Yes, it's 'name and shame' time!. OK, sorry mods, but I'm really annoyed, not only by their incompetence, but also by their lack of any urgency to fix their stuff-up.

They keep feeding me and the guy whose parcel they 'lost', this crap about they don't know who owns the PO box, or that they can't contact them, or he was coming today, but didn't, or whatever.

I contracted with, and paid, AusPost to provide a service. They haven't fulfilled their part of the agreement.

And what is getting my dander up the most is that they don't seem to give a stuff.

Whatever the outcome, the appropriate authorities will be made aware of their total lack of service. But then I guess I'll just be p!$$ing into the wind!

A less than happy

Kevin

Tommo1965
01-11-2012, 9:14pm
I suppose the insurance will pay out..the postie will continue not to give a stuff and the other geezer gets a free K5...what a crap pass the buck situation your in mate ..

I hope at least you get the money back and wedge the other bloke out , he must be pissed that his K5 never rocked up ?

Cage
01-11-2012, 9:17pm
I suppose the insurance will pay out..the postie will continue not to give a stuff and the other geezer gets a free K5...what a crap pass the buck situation your in mate ..

I hope at least you get the money back and wedge the other bloke out , he must be pissed that his K5 never rocked up ?

Yeah, I'll make sure he is not out of pocket.

The addressee is about as impressed as I am, and if they don't get their act together tomorrow, he is bringing in the local constabulary.

Warbler
01-11-2012, 9:47pm
Don';t hold your breath Kevin. Make the insurance claim, and ring them every day until they pay up. Post your dissatisfaction all over their web presence and anywhere else you can find. It will take a while but when you more trouble than its worth for them, they'll pay up. Go to your local member too.

Cage
01-11-2012, 10:58pm
It is not just about getting compensated for my loss.

It is about not getting what you pay for, it is about the indolence of some people working in 'service' industries, it is about letting people who don't give a stuff about others know that they are not always going to get away with it.

Mathy
02-11-2012, 3:37am
I've recently been through a similar experience to Rick with Auspost's so called tracking system. I had a tracking number, which gave no information what so ever, the parcel eventually turned up on my doorstep. Auspost are a bit of a joke by comparison with DHL and Fedex, I reckon.

And I have to agree with TruBlubiker, there's way too many people in this world who don't give a continental about doing their job properly. Hope this all gets sorted, cheers Deb

Analog6
02-11-2012, 7:37am
Newspaper / Current Affairs show / Facebook / Google+ - spread the word FAR AND WIDE. This is simply not good enough. I always register and insure and ask for signature for valuable stuff too. However, I recently went up to our PO to get a parcel which clearly said it had to be signed for, and as they know us they didn't ask for ID. But they should, in every case. I had anoother one delivered, and as we have the screen door open but locked, she just called out 'parcel at the door' and nicked off when I called out from upsrtairs I was coming down - that one had signature required on it too. Wonder if they sign for you when they get back to the truck? If it says check recipient's ID & get a signature that's what should be done. As you say, it is not Rocket Science to match a name and address from the ID to the one on the card.

Has anyone used any of the private parecel services like Pack and Send?

I @ M
02-11-2012, 8:29am
Kev, it sounds like you have been more than patient. I would get on the phone today to the ombudsman.

http://www.pio.gov.au/

Tommo1965
02-11-2012, 9:41am
actually DHL are ninnys too...last friday they tried to deliver my new Manfrotto tripod head..no one home so they didn't leave it...fair enough....so the card says hop online and put a new drop off time in or pick up from the depo ( also not open saturday) !!.....so I asked for it to left in my absence..as the card told me...I was also told to leave the card at the drop point, which I had indicated to be my front door under the verandah...DHL said that if the card wasn't at the drop point with my name and sig the parcel wouldn't be left.... so guess what ...the package was at the back door on the aircon...and the card is still at the front door on top of a little table..where I said it would be .

parcel deliveries by their very nature are fraught with danger..due to most in that industry not giving a hoot ...or not being able to read properly or follow instruction

ameerat42
02-11-2012, 10:08am
OK, after three days of a total lack of willingness on the part of the management and staff at Vermont PO to rectify their mistakes, I'm really getting p!$$ed off !!!

Yes, it's 'name and shame' time!. OK, sorry mods, but I'm really annoyed, not only by their incompetence, but also by their lack of any urgency to fix their stuff-up.

They keep feeding me and the guy whose parcel they 'lost', this crap about they don't know who owns the PO box, or that they can't contact them, or he was coming today, but didn't, or whatever.

I contracted with, and paid, AusPost to provide a service. They haven't fulfilled their part of the agreement.

And what is getting my dander up the most is that they don't seem to give a stuff.

Whatever the outcome, the appropriate authorities will be made aware of their total lack of service. But then I guess I'll just be p!$$ing into the wind!

A less than happy

Kevin

You are QUITE RIGHT, Kevin. Don't be QUIET any more. Though not as actually serious as this, I have had quite a few instances of badly delivered mail and I had had to complain - and bitterly, and with stern advice!!! - on four occasions in the past 2 years.

You just DON'T get what they purport to offer as a "service" and what you pay for! At least, not always, so that when you do it seems almost like an accident.

This is the official complaint form (https://contactus.auspost.com.au/app/ask/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1MTgwNzM0MC9zaWQvWGw1c09jYWw%3D#email) that's available online.

Oh, how humble and contrite are the responses I get back from them. As if that will help. However, I think they have pointed out to the local postie the folly of his ways, because it hasn't happened for a 2ple of months.

Good luck, and if you need any epithets to hurl I would be glad to oblige.

Warbler
02-11-2012, 10:55am
Filling out just one of those forms will probably not get you much satisfaction. You may get a call from a very nice lady from their call centre who will give you a complaint reference. She may even ring you back in a further 14 days to check whether all is fixed, at which point she'll close the complaint. Complain again, even about the same issue and you'll get a new reference number.

It's all about stats and performance indicators. They'll keep closing any new complaints within their time limit and there is no way they'll re-open one they've already closed. That would affect their performance and their manager's bonus.

Like I said, good luck with it, but don't expect it to be quick.

ameerat42
02-11-2012, 11:54am
Filling out just one of those forms will probably not get you much satisfaction. You may get a call from a very nice lady from their call centre who will give you a complaint reference. She may even ring you back in a further 14 days to check whether all is fixed, at which point she'll close the complaint. Complain again, even about the same issue and you'll get a new reference number.

It's all about stats and performance indicators. They'll keep closing any new complaints within their time limit and there is no way they'll re-open one they've already closed. That would affect their performance and their manager's bonus.

Like I said, good luck with it, but don't expect it to be quick.

No, it was a nice gent, and apologised most abjectly, BUT, there were repercussions at the local PO. The posties would wrap the envelopes with a rubber band and put them properly into the box.

The reply was quick, a couple of days, but after while, and when another postie took over... Well, it happened 4 times so far.

Yeah, but I know what you mean.
Am.

Cage
02-11-2012, 10:18pm
You know what frustrates me the most about this sad fiasco.

The only people who are in a position to sort this mess are the only people who don't give a stuff. :action:

Cheers

Cranky Kevin

aussie girl
02-11-2012, 11:14pm
Maybe the person delivering it thought it would be at risk of being stolen if left on the front verandah, perhaps visible from the street. Not so good though if it had begun to rain and the item on the airconditioner was exposed to the weather.

Mark L
02-11-2012, 11:28pm
You know what frustrates me the most about this sad fiasco.

That someone accepted a parcel that wasn't for them, and hasn't returned it of their own accord.:confused013

Cage
03-11-2012, 1:01am
That someone accepted a parcel that wasn't for them, and hasn't returned it of their own accord.:confused013

And that too Mark, although from what I've been told he collected twenty parcels that day and probably didn't go over them all with a fine tooth comb.

I can assure the folk at Vermont LPO that they have picked the wrong bloke to stuff around. I abhor dishonesty, and yes, they lied
to me when they assured me that they checked the ID for the person who signed for the parcel, with a different name to the addressee, knowing that the parcel should not have even been at their Post Office.

I've just lodged a complaint with AusPost and Monday I'm calling the Ombudsman.

And I think A Current Affair love bashing semi-government utilities.

As I said earlier, they have picked the wrong bloke to stuff around.

Cheers

Really P!!$$ed OFF Kevin

ricktas
03-11-2012, 9:18am
I have one happening right now. I placed an order 25th October from a company in Victoria. They despatched the item the next day. As of this Wednesday (31st Oct) it had not arrived, so I contacted the company for shipping/tracking details as the one they gave me kept saying 'invalid'. Turns out it is Australia Post. Based on their online tracking system the item, as of this morning is still sitting in Victoria, (a full week and a half later). Up until this morning whenever I did a track of the item on the AusPost website, it was still saying 'invalid tracking number', at least now they seem to know they have the parcel, which is a start.

Cage
03-11-2012, 10:42am
Rick, the downside of all this new-age technology we have is that it is only as good as the people using it.

And with AusPost it needs to be 'foolproof', because that particular organisation does seem to have it's fair share of fools.

Cheers

Kevin

Lance B
03-11-2012, 12:42pm
Simply unbelievable that this should happen in this day and age!

MajorPanic
03-11-2012, 1:27pm
As an AP delivery team supervisor I can tell you that contacting the AP State Delivery Manager & explaining that the ombudsman is about to become involved will get the results want very quickly :action:

ricktas
03-11-2012, 3:09pm
It seems to me that Australia Post has not been prepared for the massive increase in parcel deliveries and decrease in regular envelope mail that the internet has effected. Now the inadequacies are starting to show. I hope they update and fix their systems soon. Australia Post could be a world-class mail delivery operation with a bit of effort.

Tommo1965
03-11-2012, 6:50pm
Maybe the person delivering it thought it would be at risk of being stolen if left on the front verandah, perhaps visible from the street. Not so good though if it had begun to rain and the item on the airconditioner was exposed to the weather.

nah..the front door is way off the street and very protected from prying eyes ... simply they { dhl } didn't follow their own protocol.

Boo53
03-11-2012, 11:10pm
I've lost track of the number of problems we've had with Auspost over the past 5-6 years but the one that stands out is when the Mother-in-Law sent some Family photos that dated from the 1920's - 1930's. She sent them certified, but what would the insurance value be.

After a week we hadn't received notice that it had arrived so my wife started going to the desk each day and asking if it had arrived. This went on for another 10 days and we were getting concerned, both for the possible loss of the photos but also because we wanted to use some of the photos in a book we were printing for the MIL's 90th birthday.

The MIL had to request a search for the lost certified envelope (not a parcel, just a C4 envelope) and the next day it had arrived - clearly stamped & signed as having arrived at our local post office 2 days after it was posted and had been sitting on a desk for 3 weeks.

On the other side, we've been doing a lot of travelling in the last couple of years and have had both professional forwarding companies & neighbours sending our mail on to us in express post envelopes. More often than not when we call in to post offices (where we have never been before) we ask for our mail & its passed over with no request for proof of identity at all

The most recent episode of this type of thing doesn't involve Auspost or DHL but Fedex who supposedly tried to deliver a parcel we'd sent to our eldest son. They claim to have tried to deliver it 3 times but, despite someone having been home on at least 2 of the 3 occasions it wasn't left. He had to drive from Yarraville to Werribee to pick it up.

Epoc
03-11-2012, 11:42pm
Problem with AP is, they pay peanuts so they get monkeys!

MajorPanic
04-11-2012, 12:13am
Problem with AP is, they pay peanuts so they get monkeys!Provide proof or shut up!

MarkChap
04-11-2012, 1:34am
Keep it on topic and keep it polite

Epoc
04-11-2012, 1:22pm
Provide proof or shut up!

Nice! Touch a nerve there mate. I was one of those monkeys. I worked as a contractor for 5 years and had to have a 2nd job just to survive. Every contractor I have ever met knows they pay peanuts for the work they require and those poor LPO's, man they do it tough. Maybe if AP payed people a decent amount for the work they do, people might just give a crap!!

Stefan Carey
06-11-2012, 1:17pm
As an AP delivery team supervisor I can tell you that contacting the AP State Delivery Manager & explaining that the ombudsman is about to become involved will get the results want very quickly :action:

Great tip, as the intended recipient of the camera I plan to use it!

Redgum
06-11-2012, 1:20pm
We (as a business) have a policy for AP, Telcos and Banks. Simply put, if they don't perform within their own written guidelines report the matter directly to the Ombudsman. This usually means that when a service is not performed to spec make verbal contact and an online complaint with the body concerned on the due date. If no positive response (i.e. we've found the article or fixed the problem) within three days lodge a complaint directly with the Ombudsman. Prior to this we would wait weeks/months for a hopeless situation to resolve. Also seek recompense for out of pocket expenses (postage or fees you've paid) and don't feel kind toward the organisation when completing the Ombudsman's report. These facts go directly to the annual parliamentary report that in turn shapes the way that business is run in the future.

Cage
06-11-2012, 2:21pm
I just tried to phone Vermont PO, but being north of the border I didn't realise that the Mexicans had a Public Holiday to celebrate a horse race.

arthurking83
06-11-2012, 9:09pm
Yep!..... the horse has bolted!

.... and the last I remember it had a Pentax camera(but no lens) hanging 'round it's neck!

:p

Cage
06-11-2012, 9:51pm
Yep!..... the horse has bolted!

.... and the last I remember it had a Pentax camera(but no lens) hanging 'round it's neck!

:p

Yeah, good onya Artie. :devil1:

Cage
10-11-2012, 11:05am
You're not going to believe the latest chapter in this sad and sorry saga. (A bit of alliteration for some light relief) :rolleyes:

I've actually had a call from the gent (?) who signed for the parcel.

He said he remembers opening the box and seeing a CD and a book (that's the way it was packed, with the manual, CD and paperwork, on top of the flap covering the camera) but says he didn't know there was a camera in the box, that's the same shiny box with PENTAX K5 all over it.

As he was more interested in opening his other boxes with their $10.00 pottery pieces in them, he put the box with the $750.00 camera in it to one side. Oh I forgot, he didn't know it had a camera in it. Yeah sure, you @n@l retentive, and I believe you too, honestly, I do.

To keep things tidy, and to make some room, he then put some empty boxes inside one and other, including the nice shiny box with PENTAX K5 all over it, and said he never noticed that this particular 'empty' box weighed approximately 2Kg.

At this point I told him that I found that hard to believe, but he stuck to his story, and in fact re-told it about six times, obviously well rehearsed. I'm not sure whether he was trying to convince me or himself.

Being a good citizen(?), with concerns for our environment, he then put all the 'empty' boxes in his re-cycle bin. Very commendable, you lying, moronic thief.

The bottom line? All of AusPost's stuff-ups could have been rectified had the parcel finished up in the hands of an honest person, but unfortunately that was not to be.

To the dishonest scum bag who has the camera, the pox on you and yours!

Now to do battle with AusPost to get the insurance paid out so I can refund Stefan in full.

I have lodged complaints with two sections of AusPost and the Ombudsman, but I guess that's being rather quixotic.

Cheers

Disappointed Kevin

I @ M
10-11-2012, 11:16am
Now to do battle with AusPost to get the insurance paid out so I can refund Stefan in full.

As you say Kev, totally unbelievable except to those who have been kept informed as to the progress of the saga.

At this stage I really don't think you should be having to battle Aus post over insurance at all. You still have the unresolved and uncompensated issue of them failing to deliver, wrongfully delivering and allowing the wrong recipient to sign for delivery of your goods without an ID being checked. Those are issues that are not accidental which after all is what insurance is designed to cover.

I still think that further discussion with the ombudsman is the way to go.

Kym
10-11-2012, 11:27am
Can you get the police involved?
Now you know the guy took possession of goods not his he is guilty of theft by finding AKA Fraudulent appropriation.
I'd have the b*r$tid charged!!

BTW NSW http://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/fragview/inforce/act+40+1900+pt.4-div.5-sec.124+0+N and other states have similar laws.

Given the value of the item I report his details and the whole saga ASAP

Speedway
10-11-2012, 11:51am
I agree with Kim, report the thief to the police and also demand that Auspost take the same route too. For you the refund of the money + expenses may be OK but the person who purchased the camera still has no camera.
Cheers
Keith.

Tommo1965
10-11-2012, 12:00pm
blimey Kev that unreal mate......it beggars belief ...and of course the prats lying

Cage
10-11-2012, 12:14pm
@ Andrew...... Yes I agree that there shouldn't be a problem with the insurance claim as their own records clearly show that they have delivered it to the wrong person.

@ Kym & Keith...... Stefan has made a formal complaint to the police, but all they can do is knock on his door and be fed the same crock of sh!t that he tried to feed to me. I'm sure they are not going to rush off and get a search warrant.

It seems in this instance that the bad guy has had a win, but I'm a great believer in Karma, and hopefully what goes round will come round.

Thanks all for your support and concern.

Cheers

Kevin

Wayne
10-11-2012, 12:56pm
I have had all manner of issues with AP over the years, one with a softbox I bought from the USA, almost identical to Kev's issue. It was adressed to me in Mount Isa QLD, AP delivered it to Girraween PO in NSW.

I always send anything of value registered Person to Person, so that the addressee must personally sign and insured. I also know that on countless occasions, I have received mail that required a signature (sometimes that of the addressee only no agent allowed) and I haven't been asked to show any ID, simply sign their book...

I think they are the govt dept I hate most right behind the RTA (now Roads & Maratime Services).

Cage
10-11-2012, 1:14pm
I have had all manner of issues with AP over the years, one with a softbox I bought from the USA, almost identical to Kev's issue. It was adressed to me in Mount Isa QLD, AP delivered it to Girraween PO in NSW.

I always send anything of value registered Person to Person, so that the addressee must personally sign and insured. I also know that on countless occasions, I have received mail that required a signature (sometimes that of the addressee only no agent allowed) and I haven't been asked to show any ID, simply sign their book...

I think they are the govt dept I hate most right behind the RTA (now Roads & Maratime Services).

Unbelievable Wayne.

At least my parcel went to an adjoining PO.

Yours went to an adjoining state. :lol2:

Speedway
10-11-2012, 2:09pm
@ Kym & Keith...... Stefan has made a formal complaint to the police, but all they can do is knock on his door and be fed the same crock of sh!t that he tried to feed to me. I'm sure they are not going to rush off and get a search warrant.

It seems in this instance that the bad guy has had a win, but I'm a great believer in Karma, and hopefully what goes round will come round.

Thanks all for your support and concern.

Cheers

Kevin

This shouldn't make any difference as he signed for it and although admitting he knew it was not for him, failed to return it to the PO. whether he still has it or not shouldn't come into it, it is still theft.
Cheers
Keith.

Warbler
12-11-2012, 6:18pm
I was going to say "unbelievable", but obviously it has happened. Good luck with it Kevin. I feel your frustration.

Cage
15-11-2012, 4:29pm
The final update (I hope). :crossed:

This is a copy of a message that I've just sent to Stefan.

Hi Stefan

Today I put my pissed-off hat on and rang AusPost. The poor guy in complaints probably wondered what was happening.

Anyway I settled down and told him the sad story, and he was most helpful in transferring me to 'the back of house' section, AKA 'escalations'.

He took all my details, including verifying the LPO receipt for the postage and insurance, and asked that I send him proof of the transaction, which I did by sending a copy of the PayPal web page with the payment transfer details.

The bottom line is that he said that they will courier me a Money Order, yep, a good old fashioned MO, within three days.

As soon as that arrives I will deposit it, and immediately give you a full refund through your PayPal Account.

It's a shame you will never get to use the camera. I just hope the cops follow up on the lying thief who has it, and find something nefarious in all those parcels he gets from overseas.

Cheers

Kevin

I feel really sorry for Stefan who is never going to see the camera.

Hopefully, this should be the end of this sad saga.

Cheers

Kevin

Lance B
15-11-2012, 5:22pm
This shouldn't make any difference as he signed for it and although admitting he knew it was not for him, failed to return it to the PO. whether he still has it or not shouldn't come into it, it is still theft.
Cheers
Keith.

I agree.

Cage
28-11-2012, 8:54pm
Just a final post to close this thread.

Stefan, the intended recipient of the camera, complained to the local Police, who obtained a Search Warrant, and searched the house of the person who admitted to receiving the camera. Not surprisingly they found nothing. More surprising was that they seemed to believe his story that he unwittingly threw the camera out with the rubbish.

That's a big, black, shiny box with Pentax K5 prominently printed in large letters on it, and weighing about 2Kg. Yeah, sure, I'd believe it too.

Anyway, whatever, AusPost have coughed up with the insurance, Stefan has been refunded in full, and I'm only out of pocket $50.00.

I guess it could have been heaps worse.

I reiterate again, if you are selling on-line, REGISTER AND INSURE your parcels if the value is over $100.00.

Cheers

Kevin

kalley
28-11-2012, 11:09pm
I think more to the point don't use AP if the value of your post/Parcel exceeds $0.60c

Glad you only lost lost $50.00.

Not a lawyer but AP comes under federal law not state as far as i am aware. Could be the reason the local police didn't want to persue it.

Kevin