PDA

View Full Version : General Grant?

ameerat42
29-10-2012, 4:20pm
No, alas! Just a general rant, so here goes...

Lamenter: I am on an Optus Fusion 79 plan. That's all standard local and national calls and calls to Optus mobiles + 120 GB data per month.

Chorus: A-ah!! Very good! (Other sounds of approval.)

Lamenter: I recently received a letter saying that the "Plan" was going up to $85/month and that 13/1300 numbers would have a 35c charge.

Chorus: O-oh-h!! Alack! (Various other intonations and some gnashing of teeth.)

Lamenter: And while I went to pay my (separate) Optus mobile account, looking to see how I could avoid using the usual 1300 number, I found no apparent way of NOT incurring a 1% fee.

Chorus: No--oh! Oh, woe! (Falling to knees, some pulling out of hair and rending of clothes.)

Lamenter: And so I herewith resolved to express to Optus my displeasure at this downturn of service!!! - As soon as I have finished my tax return.

Chorus: Hooray! Hear! Hear! (Some clashing of spears on shields.)

Exeunt, Lamenter and Chorus, to the sounds of much righteous banter, some amicable back-slapping, and a clumsy attempt to hoist upon shoulders.

And so, good audience, who here has suffered a like fate?

What news on the Rialto of any better deals ?

Methinks it is time to redefine ISP as intermittent service providers, and lots of other unmentionable stuff.
(Submissions in like vein are welcome.)

:(/:action:m.

golftragic
24-11-2012, 5:10pm
Check out MyNetFone's Whirlpool 'plan', it costs peanuts and has very cheap fees for 13/1300 numbers and overseas calls.

ameerat42
24-11-2012, 6:15pm
Thanks, Golf. I'll check it out too. Blasted internet is with this plan, though.
Am.