PDA

View Full Version : Sony RX1 - full frame mirrorless, a sign of things to come?

ricktas
25-10-2012, 9:38am
Sony recently released the RX1. A full frame sensored mirrorless camera and it seems many of the other manufacturers are looking at this move and we could see a whole plethora of these FF mirrorless cameras in the next 12 months or so. Certainly the RX1 is priced more than most entry/prosumer DSLR prices, but I reckon the next few years will be an interesting market place for these.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/sony-cybershot-dsc-rx1

swifty
26-10-2012, 9:43am
I'm a little surprised by the apparent lack of interest in this camera. Maybe it's the price throwing everyone off.
But I actually think the price is fair, and it really looks like a winner.
What I think should have been included though is a choice of one of the two viewfinder options at the asking price. It seems a bit much to ask $450/$600 on top of the camera for the EVF/OVF when the target market would most likely desire an eye-level finder.
The other accessories aren't cheap either.
It's like Olympus not including lens hoods in their recent m43 lenses and charging exhorbitant prices for the 'accessory', that really ought to be part of the lens.

N*A*M
13-11-2012, 8:39am
i'm super interested but will wait for the price to settle down
i'll hopefully pick one up with an EVF on the second hand market when the craze is over (just like the X100 is quite affordable now)

i'm very keen to see a production RX1 in the hands of more photographers to see it shine

acko
16-08-2014, 12:57pm
I have ordered a Sony RX100 Mk111 - should be here next week.
I wanted a pocket size camera for traveling, so it will be interesting to see if this one lives up to the hype.

bitsnpieces
31-08-2014, 11:05pm
Just wondering how it's going with the RX100iii? :)

torro
03-09-2014, 9:49pm
I'd like to know too. How's the EVF and the shorter zoom compared to previous models?

SpringPhoto3
14-09-2014, 6:18pm
Would love to hear, too.