PDA

View Full Version : Beverages on Location.

kanesmadness
22-10-2012, 6:09pm
With summer starting to pop up down south (its summer all the time up here BTW) the weather presents some awesome chances to get those landscapes you have been dreaming of.

Yesterday i went down to a local beach around sunset with some mates to get some photos of the sun setting into the water near a small island just off the beach, after i was all setup i was waiting for the right moment and decided it was time to crack the first beverage. Naturally all my mates also decided that it was the perfect moment to enjoy a sunset, some great photos and a few quiet ones.

So what is everyone else's opinion on the matter. Do you abide by a strict code of sobriety whilst out and about, if not what do you take with you?

In case anyone was curious i enjoyed a great 150 Lashes Pale Ale and my mates had their less then desiarable XXXX

(All drinking was responsible and all drinking permits were in order...i promise)

Bally
22-10-2012, 9:55pm
mmmmmm 150 lashes, nice drop.

Mark L
24-10-2012, 10:26pm
:beer_mug::beer_mug::beer_mug::D

ricktas
24-10-2012, 11:20pm
I cannot recall ever drinking (alcohol) while taking photos, for me it is generally just a water bottle

kevinj
25-10-2012, 7:39am
I agree with Rick,I take a couple of waterbottles with me,1 frozen to keep it nice and cold.

Xenedis
25-10-2012, 8:42am
So what is everyone else's opinion on the matter. Do you abide by a strict code of sobriety whilst out and about, if not what do you take with you?

In my case there isn't a code as such; it's more of a case of circumstance that photography and alcoholic beverage consumption are two forms of activity that rarely meet when I am involved.

Many of the images I create are seascapes shot at dawn, and besides the fact that 6am is a tad too early for a Barossa shiraz or a Western Cape pinotage, in most cases I drive to the locations at which I shoot, and I tend not to mix alcohol with driving.

I have been on group shoots at which wine and beer have been part of the event, but generally the two don't meet.

I hadn't really thought about it until now.

MattNQ
25-10-2012, 11:07am
Yep, driving is the usual problem. Only time recently I recall enjoying a beer & photography is taking sunset shots while camping - and photo location was within short walking distance.

Most outdoor shots I take I usually don't have time or spare hands to drink though as I am usually clambering on rocks, wading through water, and trying not to drop filters & other stuff everywhere

A tip for those of you that like a good beer outdoors - I have found that a can of Guinness draft (or Kilkenny) pours perfectly into my insulated coffee travel mug (The head comes neatly level with the top:th3:) - keeps it cold longer, and your missus thinks you are drinking a coffee:D.....until she takes a sip..:lol2:

Norman
29-10-2012, 10:04pm
I have enough trouble getting things right when out and concentrating on taking pics that i rarely drink whilst doing so, mind you i often muck something up anyway !! if i am at a family event such as a BBQ and am at home or i don't have to drive i have taken pics of guests/family whilst having a glass, when that happens i input as many auto functions as possible so i have a chance of success ,
BUT i was in the territory last year and went out with friends to the Darwin markets at the beach for dinner , drinks and to watch the sunset whilst taking pics (we had a designated driver) i had a couple or three glasses and got some pretty good shots i think, in the Territory drinking at such an event is far from frowned upon, there were no drunken louts or bad occurrences that i saw , and it was the night after the beer can regatta , which was an interesting event !!!

Cheers