PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Finepix XP150

wmphoto
16-10-2012, 8:51pm
A few months ago I purchased a Fujifilm Finepix XP150 underwater camera. I specifically bought this camera so I could use it on my kayak and a little bit of snorkelling. Now this thing is supposed to be waterproof to 5m and they recommend not using it for more than 2 hours underwater. That's all fine, I followed all the instructions, rinsed it off with fresh water, didn't open doors while wet, blah, blah. And it was never in the water for more than 30 minutes and I only dived down a max of 2m.

After the first 3 uses, it started playing up. Opened the door to find the terminals corroding inside so it had obviously been leaking. So I decided not to use it in the water anymore, but it stopped working all together in the end.

What P's me off the most is I purchased this (well it was a birthday present) specifically for a holiday and this was ruined by me not being able to get photos and videos out on the water as planned. It has now been 6 weeks since it went in for repair and still no word and quick search of the interwebs resulted in stories of other people with the exact same problems as me.

Rant over. Ahhh that's better.

livio
17-10-2012, 7:19pm
Hi Warren,

I hear you had a similar fail with a different camera long story short the camera I had took photos looked okay on the view finder turned to poo in the image which was captured out of focus useless. Holiday pics which were to be a memory are not worth a bumper. For underwater I always apply a small smear of silicon to the o-ring if possible, using some silicone grease that you can pick up from a pool supply place. Don't use vasaline it will perish the o-ring and break your seal. Unfortunately you learn these things after it is done.

Kind Regards
Livio

ameerat42
17-10-2012, 7:29pm
(I couldn't find a suitable icon to express my commiserations with your dismay, Warren, so...)

take a few pins to these to get the general deflatory idea:party6: Hey, and these! :party6:
Am.

wmphoto
17-10-2012, 8:36pm
(I couldn't find a suitable icon to express my commiserations with your dismay, Warren, so...)

take a few pins to these to get the general deflatory idea:party6: Hey, and these! :party6:
Am.
pop...... pop... POP.. POP POP POP!
OCD kicking in :D

wmphoto
24-10-2012, 8:19pm
7 weeks later and still no camera. Fuji said it would be atleast another 4 - 6 weeks. Big thumbs down to you.

However, Myer were good about it and agreed to give me a refund or replacement, so I swapped it for a Panasonic underwater camera. Big thumbs up for Myer.