PDA

View Full Version : Photo Screensavers

Rattus79
15-10-2012, 6:28pm
So,

We're all photographers here,
We should all realise just how much the windows photo screensaver sucks by now :D

Personally, I use the Picasa screensaver - It's the ONLY reason I have it installed on my machine.
It allows you to select folders to put in, as well as having it's own built in screensaver set.

The question is, What do you have for your screensaver?
Is there a better option then this?

Edit:
Mac users need not apply to this thread :D

ameerat42
15-10-2012, 6:48pm
Usually the OFF screen (via the OFF button) but when I forget, the Windows XP logo zaps around randomly.
That's how advanced I...

?Am.

ricktas
15-10-2012, 6:56pm
Off for me to, I have all my screens to power off after 3 minutes of non-use. Power down saves energy costs but screen savers have been proven to use more power than even an idle screen. With the ridiculous increase in power bills, mine are set to to turn off and I don't use a screen saver at all. Have even convinced my workplace to adopt the same thing.

Kym
15-10-2012, 6:58pm
Screen saving only had value in the days of CRTs.
Off for power saving or have one for aesthetic reasons

JM Tran
15-10-2012, 7:01pm
Since I run all my external monitors via macbook pro now, I have about 20 of my fave shots for work in a few genres set as screen saver and changes a photo automatically every minute. Its great when I am shooting in studio or on location as it makes all clients and talents go ooooooooohh etc when they see it on the big monitors. Nothing wrong with free marketing:D

William
15-10-2012, 8:44pm
I dont run one ( Screen Saver) I had a drama , Everytime the screen saver kicked in it conflicted with my Calibration with Spyder , Seems I'm not the only one http://www.damiensymonds.com.au/art_vista.html :confused013So no more screen saver ;)

kevinj
18-10-2012, 7:32am
As Kym said,screensavers are not needed with lcd monitors,but I use a fishtank for fun.:lol:

Ms Monny
18-10-2012, 8:28am
Well, I usually have my photos running on a timer and then some bubbles moving around the screen...:lol:

I might just turn to blank now, after reading the above comments!

Rattus79
18-10-2012, 10:39am
I use it on my Work PC, as it's in a high traffic area and I'm on XP, so no changing desktops for me.

The google Picasa Screensaver has some nice pan and zoom effects. It's good for several comments a week and seems to be a good ice breaker for potential customers (non photographic related)

I figure, since I'm not paying for the electricty, and it's good advertising.