PDA

View Full Version : Camera Clubs/Meets in Adelaide

rbat
05-10-2012, 12:40pm
Would love to join up with other people in Adelaide for photo shoots. I'm probably more intermediate than beginner. Are there any groups that people could recommend? I live in the West.

ricktas
05-10-2012, 1:49pm
Would love to join up with other people in Adelaide for photo shoots. I'm probably more intermediate than beginner. Are there any groups that people could recommend? I live in the West.

The members here that live in Adelaide/SA have several meets each year. So stick around on the site, join in and keep an eye on the SA meets forum (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?98-SA), there have been quite a few since you joined in 2010, and there will no doubt be a meet coming up, or you could start a thread and be the organiser of the next one.

rbat
11-10-2012, 3:44am
Thanks Rick, I will attempt to keep an eye on that thread. I have a child with special needs so I get very time poor but would like to join in more.

PeterP
14-10-2012, 10:41pm

You could also try your local council. I know that a couple here in the north have small "clubs" and use them to assist with all matters council such as historical records etc.

rbat
15-10-2012, 8:34pm
Thank you PeterP, I have looked there to no avail. There is a club at Port Adelaide, so will attempt to contact them.

Kym
15-10-2012, 8:40pm
This is the SA club directory... http://sapf.org.au/club-information/club-directory/
FYI I'm a member of TTG and also a judge for the SAPF

I'm in the planning stage for an AP SA meet around the 11th November

KevPride
16-10-2012, 11:59pm
Look forward to a SA meeting. Be nice to get the camera out after a long hiatus.

PeterP
17-10-2012, 9:01pm
This is the SA club directory... http://sapf.org.au/club-information/club-directory/
FYI I'm a member of TTG and also a judge for the SAPF

I'm in the planning stage for an AP SA meet around the 11th November

Thanks for the link Kym.
Whilst snapping the Bay to Birdwood Rally recently, a very nice chap called Phil was brazen enough to introduce himself to me:D. I think my Canon neck strap was a winner for him. Anyway, we got to chatting for quite sometime and turns out he is a member of the TTG club which was just a matter of meters from where we both stood taking shots. He was kind enough to extend an invitation to me to pop in one night, but being a "newb", im kind of "coy" standing amongst fine chaps who have been snapping for a while.:o
I will bite the bullet one day and pop in.;) Only way im gonna learn i guess.:)

JayR
18-10-2012, 2:34pm
Will soon be ready to emerge from my photog exile and hope to make it to a meet sometime if possible!

JAM
01-11-2012, 9:34pm
Sounds like there has been a few of us in photography exile, is it the change in weather which is bringing us all out? I know in my case its been a case of too much to do (non photography):( and not enough time hopefully that may change soon. I am hoping to make it to the meet on the 11th I will check for the details. Thanks for organizing it Kym!

Dylan & Marianne
01-11-2012, 9:43pm
Marianne and I are notoriously difficult to spot around Adelaide we're told hhehee

Kym
01-11-2012, 9:53pm
Marianne and I are notoriously difficult to spot around Adelaide we're told hhehee

Bah! I have photos that say otherwise !