PDA

View Full Version : Time laps software

disco2td5
02-10-2012, 10:47pm
Would like to give time laps photography a go and was wondering what software I would need to put one together.

ricktas
03-10-2012, 6:17am
you just need video editing software. you then need to insert all your still images into it and generally set each frame to display for between 1/15th to 1/30th of a second. the more fps the smoother it will look. the number of fps you use also tells you how many photos you need to create each second of your video.

Rattus79
03-10-2012, 9:46am
alot of people use widows movie maker, or quicktime. I've discovered that you can do it in photoshop elements, but that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.

chubb
06-11-2012, 11:20am
cool, im going to try this as well!

Steve Axford
06-11-2012, 3:57pm
I'd love to see what you do. I do quite a bit myself and it can produce outstanding results, but it does take a lot of computer power. I use Quicktime Pro which does cost 20 or $30. You need the pro version to create a movie from a series of stills. I now use LRtimelapse, but that costs over $100 and you need Lightroom 4 to go with it.
Remember you need 10 to 15 seconds of movie, so you'll need about 300 shots. That assumes you will use PAL which is 25f/sec. You can use less, but you need to see what it looks like. Most timelapse (eg of clouds) will be about 1 frame every 5 seconds but that can vary a lot.

NCHANT
07-12-2012, 11:52am
LRtimelapse I have found to be a very valuable tool for time-lapses, I still use the free version (limited to 400 photos a time) and it works a charm. Especially going from day to night, vice versa, and the deflickering tool is just amazing!

I also use Magic Lantern (not sure if Nikon has a similar thing?) for an internal intervalometer with bulb ramping. Takes a bit of getting use to but once you've nailed the settings, you'll never look back!

here's one I made a while ago when I was learning the software, still a bit of flicker but upon re-editing I can smooth that out now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSv5Sx2tW1U&feature=plcp

OldNick
20-12-2012, 1:42am
so wot hapend to th OP? MADICON:)