PDA

View Full Version : In serious need of a moderator?

ameerat42
30-09-2012, 9:30am
Or is it that he takes everything in moderation? - Especially moderation?
http://au.news.yahoo.com/latest/a/-/latest/14996717/gillards-father-died-of-shame-alan-jones/

(Mods. If inapp. pls remove.)

arthurking83
30-09-2012, 10:25am
and to think ########s idiots like that have influence on public opinion!! :rolleyes:

Ian Brewster
30-09-2012, 10:44am
We just have to ignore the ignorant to reduce the influence. $'s are the only influence on him.

ricktas
30-09-2012, 10:59am
I wonder if Mr Jones is on speaking terms with his own father. If he was my kid, I would kick is butt so hard he would not sit down for a week. Someone needs to give him an attitude adjustment, with a fist!

SirLozalot
30-09-2012, 11:07am
I find the comments of the Sydney University Liberal Club president and aspiring MP's comments of first denying, and upon being told there is a recording, glossing over the issue just as amazing.
http://www.news.com.au/national/jones-says-gillards-dad-died-of-shame/story-fncynjr2-1226484669276

arthurking83
30-09-2012, 11:07am
I'm just glad we don't have to put up with him down 'ere.

junqbox
30-09-2012, 11:28am
I always like to recall his big moment on national talkback television whilst railing against criminals who make an income from their exploits, to then have Mark Chopper Read phone in live and remind all that 'he wasn't the one arrested in a mens toilet in England'.
Beautiful television.

Mark L
30-09-2012, 8:54pm
Unsurprisingly disgraceful.
It's public now, so apology is forthcoming.
Mildly surprised News Ltd. has chosen to report this.

ricktas
30-09-2012, 9:07pm
http://www.change.org/petitions/2gb-and-associated-advertisers-on-alan-jones-radio-program-immediately-terminate-the-contract-and-cease-association-with-alan-jones#share

danny
30-09-2012, 11:02pm
And in his "apology" he ended up blaming the fact the he thought there shouldn't have been any reporters there. What about the political party that invited him to talk. After his previous statements (through her in the Tasman Sea in a chaff bag) why do they escape some of the blame.

Danny

mechawombat
03-10-2012, 7:45am
Just shows that there is just alot of hate in the hearts of people.

I am lucky enough to look at the facts and make my own decisions. Not listen to someone's personal opinion and repeat it verbatim as my own. If most Australians actually took the time to understand how politics works we might actually be progressive as a country

kyteflyer
03-10-2012, 8:08am
He only apologised because he was caught out, and the apology was a left handed one, he didnt mean a word of it. I am delighted to see the advertisers pulling out of his show. And really pleased that Gillard chose not to respond. I dont care if you dont like a particular individual, attacks of that nature are inexcusable, no matter who you are. Do we think Jones will learn anything from this? No. Well... actually... he will probably just make more effort not to get caught out. What a complete a$$hole.

muggins
03-10-2012, 1:17pm
When did he apologise, at no stage did he state he was Sorry for his comments the only thing he was sorry about was the fact that he was caught out.

Allie
03-10-2012, 1:52pm
I've always found Alan Jones to be a grubby, attention-seeking sycophant and, unfortunately, negative press will not curb his behaviour. Very interesting to see the power of social media and "change.org" petitions at work and how quickly sponsors withdrew support - not that I imagine that will be permanent.

Bennymiata
03-10-2012, 5:38pm
Interesting that a person like Jones, who is very generous with his time to help so many people and charities is castigated for these comments so harshly, yet when the foreign minister's speech writer said that Julia is like a little crying girl because she left the G20 summit on hearing her father's death gets off scott free.

You can understand that someone like Jones, who hates the current government and Julia especially, makes a stupid remark about her at a private function which was illegally recorded, but for a member of the Labor Party, who is so close to the cabinet, making a stupid remark like he did and getting no reportage at all, makes me wonder about how our wonderful government is trying to control the press.

Kym
03-10-2012, 5:42pm
He's a shock jock! No surprise at all. Tasteless, but now we have a way over reaction by so many people.
His rating have gone up from what I read - meh!

ricktas
03-10-2012, 7:26pm
I reckon he is so used to having a 5 second delay and someone able to shut him up before it gets on air, that he probably forgot that real life doesn't have a 5 second delay.

ameerat42
03-10-2012, 9:11pm
Interesting that a person like Jones, who is very generous with his time to help so many people and charities is castigated for these comments so harshly, yet when the foreign minister's speech writer said that Julia is like a little crying girl because she left the G20 summit on hearing her father's death gets off scott free.

You can understand that someone like Jones, who hates the current government and Julia especially, makes a stupid remark about her at a private function which was illegally recorded, but for a member of the Labor Party, who is so close to the cabinet, making a stupid remark like he did and getting no reportage at all, makes me wonder about how our wonderful government is trying to control the press.

A valid point, Benny. It shows the world is an imperfect place no matter how we look at it. I guess that the bigger the footprint you (may) impose on society, the bigger the impression you can make - be it for good or bad.
It sounds as if that smaller voice [the foreign minister's speechwriter] mouthing off in the wilderness - and your statement is the 1st I've heard of it - is potentially as grossly inapt as (that of) the infabulous AJ.

Unfortunately, (now) two wrongs takes us only further away from anything that's right.

There are so many facets to this wider story that we can fall into the danger of being forgiving of an unforgivable instance.

(I think that'll do b4 I start raving...)
Am(biguously).