PDA

View Full Version : old Pentax K2 that need some TLC

Pandawan
29-09-2012, 8:58pm
Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but anyone has recommendation on camera repair/cleaning company that still handle old manual film camera? I left the camera working in the storage but now the shutter stuck and there are some "whitish" particle in the lens barrel :( ..

PS: I live in Sydney area

ktoopi
01-10-2012, 8:05am
Maybe try contacting the Australian Centre for Photography in Paddington and enquire there as they have contacts for everything photography, film and digital. It's a starting point anyway. Good luck with it.:)

ameerat42
01-10-2012, 8:47am
Try Whilton's Cameras in Elizabeth St Sydney, or there's another in Castlereagh Street, not far away. I can't think of its name, but it's on the 1st floor in the building, and it has been mentioned here before by others.
Am.

Kym
01-10-2012, 9:08am
Whiteish particles? Sounds like maybe a fungus of some sort.
In which case keep the K2/lenses etc isolated from any other gear!!

sunny6teen
01-10-2012, 11:48am
I second that. keep it under quarantine

Whiteish particles? Sounds like maybe a fungus of some sort.
In which case keep the K2/lenses etc isolated from any other gear!!

Pandawan
05-10-2012, 8:20pm
Thanks all for the responses, apologize for not getting back to you all earlier.

I have called Whilton and planning to bring the gear for inspection in the coming weeks. Wish me luck! :)

Analog6
06-10-2012, 1:05am
If you come up 'dry' (as it were) I have a pal in Tassie who repairs old cameras. He is a whizz at stuck shutters.

Pandawan
06-10-2012, 4:47pm
Thanks Analog .. will try my luck here first .. I hope it wont cost a bomb :(