PDA

View Full Version : Do not, i repeat, do not upgrade iphone to io6!!!!!!!!!!

Ms Monny
26-09-2012, 9:42am
Do not upgrade to iO6 with any Apple devices.

There is a major bug that affects wifi, calling in and out, etc etc etc.

They are working on the problem and it won't be fix for about a week.

DO NOT UPGRADE!!!!

ricktas
26-09-2012, 9:49am
and their map system is stuffed... as has been much reported : http://theamazingios6maps.tumblr.com/

junqbox
26-09-2012, 10:18am
my phone (v4) is working fine, except for their new map app.

davsv1
26-09-2012, 10:38am
Mine is good so is my wife's and mother in law's
Sorry to hear your's isn't :(

aussiepomm
26-09-2012, 11:44am
Mine is ok as well... The only problem I have with it though, is where I use to be able to 'next track' from the car radio control, I no longer can do this, I just have to do it on the phone... The phone is paired to the radio (Bluetooth) for call management and music...

Ms Monny
26-09-2012, 11:46am
Luck for you. and I sincerely mean it. :)

Some people only have minor things like not being able to get into maps etc. Some have major like not being able to phone out.

Lets hope it gets fixed soon.

Rattus79
26-09-2012, 4:05pm
This does not sound like apple at all!

they never have roll-out problems with new OS's :D

ameerat42
26-09-2012, 4:17pm
My Q is, "And people Q for this?"

Ms Monny
26-09-2012, 4:19pm
It's not the new iPhone 5, it is system upgrade to version 6. I have a 4S. Yep, can't believe this happened either!!

soulman
30-09-2012, 10:43pm
I've got 7 devices around me running iOS 6 and they're all fine. I don't think the issues are all that widespread. I had to re-enter a wifi password on one of them, but no other issues I've noticed. Still a real bummer if you're one of the unlucky ones, I know, but most people have upgraded with no problems and we're talking millions of devices.

Xenedis
01-10-2012, 9:25am
I upgraded both my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 to IOS 6, and I haven't experienced any problems.

Ms Monny
01-10-2012, 9:48am
Glad to hear it didn't affect some people. I know a few of my friends it affected and you should see the Apple Communities forum ... major overload with complaints!

I did phone Apple last week and they working on it. At least my iPad is old and I have my computer...I can still get on to AP! :)

soulman
01-10-2012, 10:13am
One of the issues with something so widely used is that even if only a tiny proportion of users is affected, it is still a lot of people. I've heard nearly as much chatter about battery life issues as I have about the wifi stuff.

As always with these things - and this applies to any new software or hardware - if you want to be sure about something before you commit to it yourself, just wait a few weeks for the early adopters to test it out for you!

Ezookiel
04-10-2012, 2:21pm
Mine was working fine, but now my iPhone 5 is working even better, but I don't use the maps. I use Garmin Navigator for Telstra Customers. One of the best mobile phone navigators I've ever experienced. But have to pay a one off fee to get the best out of it, or "rent" it on a monthly basis (the app that is, not the phone).
I hope the issues have been resolved for you. I can say I totally LOVE the iPhone 5, and I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool Apple fan at all, just stuck with them due to the investment in songs and apps forcing me to stay, but the new version of Siri is incredible. Without even unlocking the phone, the ability to say something like "Shuffle my driving songs playlist" and have Siri decypher that, start up iTunes, start up the playlist called "driving songs" and then set it to shuffle, is incredible. Same with things like saying, "Wake me at 6" and it will set you an alarm for 6" It's like having a PA working for you. I'm totally in love with it so far. It hasn't failed on any command yet that I've tried. It's by far the best speech recognition, and language comprehension I've seen yet on any computer/device.

SirLozalot
04-10-2012, 2:30pm
FYI The IT department at my work (a multinational) today issued an email to all company iPhone users worldwide saying that they are holding off upgrades to iOS6 until "a myraid of issues" are resolved. I don't know more than that so could be internal company issues at fault too but it doesn't sound good.
Personally, I have held off upgrading my iPad to see what happens when dust has settled and hype is over.

Ezookiel
04-10-2012, 10:30pm
Just don't be as stupid as I was ... today I had my first phone call come direct to the phone not via the bluetooth kit in the car, and I couldn't hear a word they were saying. I had no problem with the bluetooth calls that came via the in-car handsfree kit. But this one to the phone was just barely audible.

When it happened again later in the day, I started trying all sorts of settings in the phone to try to fix the volume problem. No luck. I got a work colleague to ring my phone and still had no volume for hearing the person on the phone, so it was now 3 out of 3 that it was my phone at fault.

I went and Googled iphone 5 volume problems, and the very first page that came up said, "Have you removed the screen protector that comes on the phone?"
D'OH!!!
Because the phone arrived late last night, and I was at work at 06:30 this morning, I hadn't had time to buy a proper screen protector or case for it, and was temporarily using the one that came with the phone, just to keep it safe from scratches till I can buy a proper one tomorrow. Of course, the one that comes with the phone covers the speaker, so you can't hear much of anything with it on. Gee I hate it when I do something stupid.

Ms Monny
04-10-2012, 10:51pm
Ha ha ha! That is funny! Sounds like me when I got my first iPhone a few years ago. I didn't know that there was a little switch on the side that muted the sound, including the ringing. After a week I was furious that I could not hear my phone ringing ... and promptly rang Telstra to see if someone could help me. While being put on hold I saw the little button and realized my mistake ... then quickly hung the phone up!! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Lauri, I still don't have wifi and they said it would be fixed early this week! Time to ring back and find out what is happening! Your company is smart to issue the notice.

Willow5075
04-10-2012, 11:04pm
We have upgraded 3 phones and 2 iPads in this house and all ok

Eberbachl
04-10-2012, 11:48pm
My iPhone 4 is working great on iOS6, as is my wife's. All systems go.

;)

bluerob101
05-10-2012, 9:18am
Mine upgraded and got stuck midway through. I don't know what I did, but its working ok now.

Mick
19-10-2012, 3:04am
I upgraded as soon as I could and didnt have any problems. I heard that Maps was messed up but I havent used it recently so havent been bothere by it. I think I'll be off out shortly to pick up an iphone 5. I still have my 4S glued to my hand after more than a year :-)