PDA

View Full Version : Actions: How to centre a text box on randomly sized images

Ezookiel
25-09-2012, 1:22pm
After some trial and error, I worked out how to create an action to create a frame on my images regardless of what size they've been cropped to, but adding a text box within that frame as an action is eluding me as to how to make it centred when the width of each image might be quite different depending on how the image has been cropped, so the best I've been able to do is stop one step short of finishing the action, so the final adjustment to the text box is done manually to centre it. I have 800 photos from an event that all need the same frame, and the same title within the frame, and so creating an action to do all the things these photos have in common is pretty critical with the time I have for PP'ing this many shots.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

ricktas
25-09-2012, 2:27pm
I am not sure this is possible to add to an action, considering each photo is a different sized crop. I have seen it done where the text is placed x pixels in and y pixels up from an edge (corner), but that positions it the same on every photo, regardless of crop size. Having the action calculate each different crop to ascertain the centre is going to be a difficult one, and certainly not something I have ever seen a solution to.

Ezookiel
26-09-2012, 12:25am
Thanks Rick, I thought it seemed a long shot. Pity I didn't decide to give each photo the title set to left or right. That part could have been done as you've suggested, but centering it just doesn't seem to be achievable. Oh well, no harm done, it's a matter of about 5 seconds per photo to grab the edges of the box and drag them out to each side of the photo. Even over lots of photos it's not adding up to too big an issue. The full open-heart-surgery some of them are requiring to make them keepable is taking vastly longer ;)
Sure have learned heaps from both the day's photography and the several days of PP'ing them. I'll earn myself an upgrade to "intermediate" if I keep learning at this rate ;)