PDA

View Full Version : a funny thing happened on the way home from geelong

macmich
20-09-2012, 6:59pm
the wife and myself went for a drive to serendip sanctuary last sunday and then ventured to port arlington
on the way back to bendigo
we decided to go on to queensland so a half hour stop at home and packed bags
and 19 hours later in queensland at daughters place in ormeau
been to grandparents day at grandkids school
been thrown out of a closed vodaphone team driving practice session(after a hundred shots)
and saturday we are heading home via a look around sydney
has anbody else have these urges just to pack up and drive into the night
cheers macca

WhoDo
20-09-2012, 7:20pm
My father used to do that with us all the time, macca. I remember the 4 of us sleeping in a 1958 Ford Zephyr in someone's front year at Huskison - Mother on the front seat, father on the back seat, little brother on the parcel shelf and me on the back floor straddling the hump! :Doh:

Another time we ended up in Kiandra in snow season but without a booking! Ended up having to beg a bloke to let us stay at his private lodge!!!

Sometimes those spur-of-the-moment excursions are the ones you remember for the longest time. ;)

arthurking83
20-09-2012, 7:35pm
Onya Macca! :th3:

that's how I used to find myself after a few hours of aimless wondering!

ricktas
20-09-2012, 7:45pm
I recall once many years ago, sitting around in Hobart and someone suggested we get pizza, then someone else said jokingly, lets drive to Launceston and get it. So we did, then we kept going, had pizza in Burnie the next day for lunch and drove home via the west coast. It was an interesting weekend.

Jcas
20-09-2012, 9:47pm
Long trip for a pizza, hope it was nice ..:)

I have never done anything like that, but my daughter does. Makes up her mind in a split second then does it !!!!

enigmatic
20-09-2012, 10:09pm
Spontaneity keeps us from being boring! I've done a few motorbike rides where you have no destination... and keep going, and keep going. Good fun!

macmich
21-09-2012, 8:20am
thanks for replys folk
forgot how early kids get up
on holiday and awke at 6 by g/kids playing
taking them for a swim at southport today
cheers macca