PDA

View Full Version : Turn that frown upside down!!!

leanne0333
06-09-2012, 10:43am
I learnt something today which I felt inclined to share with you! Do you have a relative that spoils photos by frowning in all of them? I certainly do - someone once told him his smile made him look gormless in ONE photo and now he frowns EVERY time!Unless Im sneaky and get a candid photo of course! I can change my settings on my camera, I can choose the best lighting but I can't alter facial expressions! Or at least i thought! Now I have learnt you can make a frown into a smile in photoshop! Amazing! This is in photoshop elements 10, but I imagine it may be similar in other programmes. And the results are very subtle and effective!

Go to flters, select distort, choose liquify
Zoom in on the face. select warp.
Choose a brush size roughly the same size as the persons cheek.
Put the brush over the corner of the mouth and gently tug upwards until you get the desired effect!
Bingo - everybodies smiling!

Something tells me my Dad will be smiling a lot more in our holiday snaps when he comes to visit! Hurrah!

mcmahong
06-09-2012, 12:05pm
I often do this to portraits where the photo is otherwise perfect, except someone's smile is not quite there (not sure I'd be game try it on a frown though!). I just give it a few pixels of extra smirk, which makes a lot of difference.

xxdrakexx
06-09-2012, 1:20pm
cool tip thanks

outstar79
06-09-2012, 3:59pm
I use the liquefy tool A LOT, in most of my manipulations I utilise the pucker and bloat selection as well, such as:
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?108483-Haha-EL-DIABLO&highlight=diablo

It's a very handy tool for what you've described also. :cool:

Kaktus
06-09-2012, 4:07pm
Thanks for the tip and the description Leanne. I've got a couple of photos that could benefit from this.