PDA

View Full Version : What's On?

Bear
24-08-2012, 6:30pm
Hello,

just wondering where people find information regarding events that are going on in their local (or not so local) community.

Looking through the recents posts, I saw the images/post regarding Greazefest - only after using Google did I find out that it was an event held in Brisbane. While too far for me to travel to it, it got me thinking just how do you find out about events that would have wonderful photographic opportunities the same with hotrod "runs" or car shows.

Thoughts? Help? Ideas?

Thanks for reading.

ricktas
24-08-2012, 7:28pm
We have an AP state based information forum (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?166-AP-State-Based-Information) ; that probably doesn't get enough posts to be a good resource.

I agree though. I often see in the local newspaper or news on TV of something that has been held during that day or the previous day, when I had no idea it was happening.

tropix55
24-08-2012, 8:54pm
I find the local newspaper a good start & also car mags from the newsagent as well & once you get to one show, chatting to car owners for other venues going on (as they're in the loop) also Google car clubs in your state as well. Hope it helps you Bear. :)

Cheers :beer_mug: Tropix