PDA

View Full Version : Printer Advice

fishographer
23-08-2012, 10:53pm
Hi All,

I am looking at updating my office printer at my business sometime in the next few months and decided since I am interested in printing out some of my shots to frame and hang on the wall I may as well be looking at printers suited to photography printing.

I dont currently use the printer for a whole lot other than doing some signage, labels and general light retail shop duties so I wont be wasting too much ink on non photography projects.

What I would like to know from AP members is what printers are recommended for high quality photo printing possibly up to A3 size, I have no preference for brands at all and as the business is paying, love how my business can help fund my hobby :D, price is not necessarily of great concern.

cheers
Jamie

ricktas
24-08-2012, 6:52am
Look at some of the Epson A3 range, I have an R2400 which even though getting to be a few years old now, produces brilliant results. However, look at the costs, and assess your needs. Often the price of the ink cartridges and high quality A3 paper will mean you are paying more to print at home than what it will cost you to print via a commercial printer. So with the outlay for the printer, and then the consumables, it is very often much cheaper to just find a good commercial printer and use them. I print some stuff on my Epson, but most printing is done commercially.

https://www.epson.com.au/products/a3inkjet/

You can even go up to the A2 range from Epson, for under $2K

Bennymiata
24-08-2012, 8:03pm
I have to agree with Ricktas here.

I use dot do my own printing, but have found a good lab very close to where I live that does a better job, and is far cheaper than doing my own prints, when you take all the costs involved.

Epoc
28-08-2012, 5:46pm
I just bought an Epson 1430 for $300 and a CISS to suit. It produces really nice A3 prints. What I like about using it over a commercial lab is the instant results. As soon as I do the PP on a shot, I can have the print in my hand in minutes. Saying that, I do use a lab for any larger quantity of prints.

Kerrie
03-01-2013, 11:14am
Hi everyone. Does anyone have any advise or experience with a mid range b&w printer? I'm looking for one that produces constant true blacks, for series prints, and ability to control tone etc. any input appreciated. Also would like to be able to print big....poster size? Price range? 200-500 ish , 700 if I have too.