PDA

View Full Version : D800 Poll

knumbnutz
18-08-2012, 9:32pm
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick simple poll regarding D800.

YES - You have/had an issue - focus etc
NO - You have had no issue - works as expected

Out of those that answered - YES - Brief description of issue AND resolution (repaired, firmware update, new xyz)

mojododo
18-08-2012, 9:40pm
My only issue im having is hotshoe mounted speedlight just keeps strobing no matter what i set it to. non stop as soon as i place it on the shoe and power it up, manual, ttl all do the same.

Havent tried other flashes yet, but the flash ive been using works on other cameras.

Sifor
19-08-2012, 12:08am
My issue has been the left AF focus point. I am yet to resolve this (maybe I will end of year when I'm in Sydney) due to lack of it having an impact on my shots, time (I'm very busy with uni this year) and transport (I live on the Gold Coast, Nikon service centre is in Brisbane..)

ricktas
19-08-2012, 7:03am
My only issue im having is hotshoe mounted speedlight just keeps strobing no matter what i set it to. non stop as soon as i place it on the shoe and power it up, manual, ttl all do the same.

Havent tried other flashes yet, but the flash ive been using works on other cameras.
this may well be the flash unit itself. i have seen this occurance a few times now, right back to the early days of the d200. a friends sb-600 would do this on his d200 but would work fine on my d200. my sb-600 worked fine on both cameras. i then saw it again with an sb800 on a d700. it appears to be something unique about a particular flash on a particular body, with the flash being the source of the issue not the camera body.

i will vote once my d800e arrives...on wait list at present

I @ M
19-08-2012, 7:11am
L/H AF point issue x 2
Not rectified yet as there simply hasn't been time or opportunity to get to Sydney or Melbourne but anecdotally it appears to be a satisfactorily resolved problem from multiple user reports.

My only issue im having is hotshoe mounted speedlight just keeps strobing no matter what i set it to.

Caret share the make and model of the flash?

mojododo
19-08-2012, 8:50am
Caret share the make and model of the flash?

Yongnuo 565 ex. Havent had the time to go to cam shop and test another flash but hoping to in the near future.

I @ M
19-08-2012, 9:03am
Yongnuo 565 ex. Havent had the time to go to cam shop and test another flash but hoping to in the near future.

Don't be too quick to label it as a D800 problem. It wouldn't be the first time that a camera manufacturer has engineered a new model a little bit differently to a past model and all of a sudden non OEM parts fail to work correctly. :(

Wayne
19-08-2012, 10:29pm
I don't appear to have the left focus point AF issue as yet, I'm not done testing so if it is there, it is slight. I do however have to micro-adjust my 200/2VR to -20 which is the max to compensate for rear focus. Is that an 'issue'? technically perhaps not, but I don't like having to adjust to the max threshold...
The jury is still out.

MajorPanic
20-08-2012, 9:04pm
Yes had the left AF problem Anderson's Brisbane fixed it.... All good now

sebriebolge
21-08-2012, 4:41pm
Ive got the green hue screen, but the funny thing is its only existent when shooting in sunlight... Is there a resolution yet?

I @ M
21-08-2012, 5:07pm
Ive got the green hue screen, but the funny thing is its only existent when shooting in sunlight... Is there a resolution yet?

I was a little taken aback by the screen when we got our bodies and thought that they appeared to have a green tinge. Possibly they have, maybe it is more natural a colour for the display than the rather blueish tones of previous models.
Either way, it doesn't appear to be a fault or a problem as it in no way influences the end image result. I certainly don't rely on or even use the rear lcd for colour checking anyway and the D800 has, inmho, far better white balance accuracy and adjustability than previous models .

So I guess the "resolution" appears to be what we did and just get used to it. :confused013

Wayne
21-08-2012, 11:08pm
I will say that whilst I don't have the green hue on the LCD, the WB from the D800 is nowhere as accurate on Auto WB as that of my D3s, or D3 & D700 before it.

Lance B
24-08-2012, 7:03pm
I had the issue intermittantly on the left most AF point, all the rest are fine. It only occurs intermittently with the 85mm f1.4G and no other lenses and so I can live with it. It happens sometimes with apertures wider than about f2.5 and not with apertures over f2.5.

Everything else works perfectly and with no issue. It is interesting that Wayne (above) finds that the WB isn't as accurate as the D700, whereas I find the the WB of the D800 is more accurate than the D700 (and D7000 for that matter).

:sebriebolge:Ive got the green hue screen, but the funny thing is its only existent when shooting in sunlight... Is there a resolution yet?

Are you sure this isn't a camera WB issue meaning that your images are [I]looking[I] to have a green tinge on the rear LCD simply because the camera's WB is slightly out?

RRRoger
03-09-2012, 2:03am
My D800 works better than any camera I have owned or used.
After 3 months working thru user errors, I no have my best keeper rate ever.

ricktas
16-10-2012, 11:11am
Mine is all good.

re the LCD screen, my D3 was prone to this if it was exposed to cold (in the snow) or heat (sun shining directly on the LCD), it would offer me up some truly wonderful colour casts. This did not affect the actual photo, but was rather an issue with the actual LCD under temperature extremes.