PDA

View Full Version : My computer :(

xxdrakexx
11-08-2012, 10:48pm
well i gess its my turn my computer has stuffed up and wont turn on so now i have to wait for a windows cd to re install it wich means i have lost hundreds on photos and some i wanted to get printed on canvis but i didnt back up and considering i have cert II in IT and im doing cert III i should back up everything but i didnt :( im currently on my sisters laptop wich dosnt have any pp softwear and i dont think it can run it cause it is old so i wont be posting any photos till i get it fix or if i have spear time at TAFE on a Wednesday or Thursday so rember people BACK UP your files i lurnt the hard way :(

alot of spelling mistakes but im tired lol

nogi
11-08-2012, 11:55pm
Just because it won't turn on doesn't mean you have lost your photos. Boot of a Live CD like Ubuntu and see if you can still see your files.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Altonian
12-08-2012, 12:31am
Ive had computers die on me too. If it powers up then the power supply will be ok. If you can take the hard drive out of the computer and put it in an external enclosure youll be able to plug it into the laptop and use a file recovery program if the hard drive isnt completely dead. Ive recovered a bunch of family photos for a friend from a corrupted hard drive using the above method. Just dont format the drive if you want to try and put a new windows on it.

xxdrakexx
12-08-2012, 11:37am
so it say the problem is "unmountable_boot_volume" i cant even get it into safe mode :(

ricktas
12-08-2012, 11:41am
that error is generally BIOS or cable related. Try removing the HDD and putting it in an external HDD case and connecting it to another PC using USB. You might just be able to get the files back.

Try searching google for unmountable_boot_volume, cause their is lots of info on this.

DO NOT format the HDD...yet