PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Remote

chrisbevan4
04-08-2012, 11:37am
Hi

I had been using a HAHNEL Combi TF Wireless remote set, I have 1 transmitter and 2 receivers.

I've never liked the the transmitter as there was no on-off switch and it just drained the battery if I didn't remove it.
Also the battery was hard to put in or out and the mechanism holding the battery was very flimsy and has now broken:(:

It actually worked OK, but as far as I can tell you can only buy a set Transmitter and Receiver,
or a Receiver. You cant just buy a new transmitter. # Happy to be wrong

I did buy a remote set from ebay but the manual was in Chinese :eek: and it doesn't do what I expected
waste of money.

I'm willing to spend a bit to get something good, but prefer not to spend lots of $$$

I want to be able to remotely trigger my camera and off-camera flash together,
or tirgger the flash when I take a picture

Recommendations/suggestions appreciated

I @ M
04-08-2012, 2:15pm
Chris, the Yongnuo triggers seem to hang together pretty well. We have the RF 602 sets and they have been extensively used with no breakages / failures for over 2 years now.
The can be used to remotely trigger your camera and or a remote flash. Of course that is purely manual flash usage, to move up to TTL flash metering remotely you have to start looking at the likes of the pixel, phottix or pocket wizard triggers.

Site advertiser Protog has a range of the Yongnuo triggers on his page ---- http://protog.com.au/wireless-flash-triggers-c-58.html?page=1&sort=2a

Tommo1965
06-08-2012, 4:01pm
the cactus V5 work pretty well and are decently built

heres a review of the V5

http://brianhurseyphotography.com/blog/?p=196

chrisbevan4
29-08-2012, 6:44pm
I ended up getting a set of 4 Yongnuo RF-603 Triggers

Worked straight of the box as a remote and as a Flash Trigger

Am very happy and they are easy to use, have AA Batteries and a On/Off Switch

Epoc
29-08-2012, 7:13pm
They actually use AAA batteries. I have 4. Never had a misfire. They are great value IMO.

chrisbevan4
29-08-2012, 10:03pm
Yep AAA

Fat fingers missed a A

Thanks for reading