PDA

View Full Version : Photo Shoot Locations

Khia
30-07-2012, 12:10am
Hi there,

I'm still quite new to all this forum stuff... so I was wondering where I could post a thread about photo shoot locations. E.g. I'm just starting out in photography and am doing a maternity photo shoot for my sister on the beach. She lives around Runnaway Bay on the Gold Coast. She has requested a beach photo shoot (not a bikini shoot) - as she doesn't want to show a lot of skin and being winter its perfect for some nice beach shots.

I was thinking somewhere around the surf side of the spit... can anyone else recommend some nice isolated beaches with some sand dunes, or rocks, etc. A friend of mine suggested snapper rocks, but being a saturday it will probably be quite busy. My sister isn't that confident lol :)

So if anyone could help me or even point me in the right direction as to what thread I should be in, that would be great.

:o

ricktas
30-07-2012, 7:27am
I have moved your thread to the QLD, State Based information forum. So that those in Queensland who know the area can respond

Hopefully we will get to see some of your photos up for critique soon. ?? Or even perhaps some critique of others photography from you?? AP is about sharing (both helping other members and getting help yourself).

Khia
30-07-2012, 8:37am
Thanks for that, I wasn't sure where to post the thread.

Hopefully I get some responses.... google search is not helpful at all LOL

leanneqld
30-07-2012, 1:28pm
All the beaches along the coast are popular, especially at weekends. You could try south of the sand pumping jetty at the spit. North of it between the jetty and the rockwall is a dog beach and is always busy but if you head south of the jetty it's a lot quieter.

Khia
31-07-2012, 8:32am
Thanks Leanne :)

I was thinking the same thing... south of the jetty would be a better spot :th3:

rirakuma
02-08-2012, 12:58am
The sand pump near the spit is nice although its a pretty populated area. Theres a nice lighthouse you can walk to there.

dbax
02-08-2012, 9:39am
alternatively head south just across the border, less populated and many isolated beaches, Fingal(beach,headland) south of Kingscliff, Cassurina,Salt, Cabarita, Hastings point....

Danm
31-12-2012, 11:11pm
Fingal, just north of the headland would be my pick, very scenic and never appears to be too busy.