PDA

View Full Version : What Price?

AutumnCurl
25-07-2012, 3:43pm
What price should i charge for an all day corporate event that is held outside and had 3 major companies attending.

Photos will be used on the company intranets and the next years events promotion.

i was considering charging what i would for an all day wedding with a bit more to cover licensing.

What do you think?

Wayne
25-07-2012, 4:14pm
Nobody but you can answer this question. We don't know your costs, how much you want/need to make as profit etc so any advice in relation directly to a figure is stabbing in the dark. We also don't know who your corporates are and what their budget is likely to be. I would guess if the works are not for public display or for commercial advertising etc, only for their intranet and internal promotion, they possibly don't want to pay much, but that much may or may not be enough for you.

I @ M
25-07-2012, 4:29pm
i was considering charging what i would for an all day wedding with a bit more to cover licensing.

What do you think?

Please tell us what you charged for your last wedding and we might be able to get a baseline as to how cheaply / expensively you work.

ricktas
25-07-2012, 6:18pm
What are you costs? Work out your costs and double that figure, at a minimum

AutumnCurl
26-07-2012, 2:34am
my wedding base price (shooting no prints, just time) is $2535 and I'm there for 10 hours. I've only done a couple.

I have a meeting set up with the event organiser to speak about what they want from me, as i am being hired by one of the three companies,who is hosting the event. They are large scale businesses, but i can't not give away too many details.
So after the meeting i will come away with a list and then be able to see what licensing costs i need to factor in.
I also don't wish to go overkill with the price just because i know they have a big budget, i would prefer repeat business.

Analog6
26-07-2012, 4:25am
Try the online photographer's price calculator (http://www.photographersindex.com/stockprice.htm) thingy - it makes a good guide for a starting figure