PDA

View Full Version : Reverse ND Grad filter in Lightroom 4

WhoDo
26-06-2012, 9:25am
Of course you ARE shooting in RAW, aren't you? This mini-tutorial from Matthew Gore of Light & Matter shows how to deal with bright sections such as the sun on the horizon using LR4's graduated filter tool. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7sQyaEKfMU&feature=colike

Wayno
26-06-2012, 11:01am
Great find. Thanks for sharing.

arthurking83
26-06-2012, 3:04pm
I dunno?? :confused013

I question why people need to make convoluted processing steps when a more simple method to achieve the same result is to simply use the brush tool across the area that needed brightening.

Select the brush choose the size and hardness and spray -Ev to reduce exposure... easy(er!!)

Chinook
26-06-2012, 3:27pm
Thanks for posting. Post production is what I really fail at/ I will add this video to my must watch list. :th3: Looks very interesting Now I have had a look.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched this video again and am about to try and do what he suggests. hmmm

WhoDo
26-06-2012, 4:30pm

I question why people need to make convoluted processing steps when a more simple method to achieve the same result is to simply use the brush tool across the area that needed brightening.

Select the brush choose the size and hardness and spray -Ev to reduce exposure... easy(er!!)

C'mon, Arfur, some of us are just allergic to paint brushes of ANY sort! Never could avoid getting brush strokes in the final effort. :lol:

arthurking83
26-06-2012, 4:47pm
C'mon, Arfur, some of us are just allergic to paint brushes of ANY sort! Never could avoid getting brush strokes in the final effort. :lol:

While some of us are allergic to brushes, all of me is downright hypersensitive to them, and hence avoid them like the plague .. dastardly things that they are!! :D
I'm so hopeless at using them, I even get splashes of exposure adjustment on my clothing and even keyboard!! :lol2:

I just prefer to keep the edit steps simple.
If you've used colour control point editing, ala CaptureNX or via the Adobe plugin from Color Efex, you'll truly understand the meaning of the term simple editing :th3:

agb
26-06-2012, 5:00pm

That was my thought too. But it seemed so simple I thought I had to be wrong.