PDA

View Full Version : have you updated Firefox lately? .. new feature??

arthurking83
19-06-2012, 8:50pm
Late last night, I think I updated FF to the latest version(as I know it) .. 13.0.1

I'm a new tab junkie when it comes to FF, and have stuck with it, ever since they first introduced it way back when dinosaurs still roamed the Earth.

One thing I regularly do tho is to simply open a new tab(click the + sign) or right click and use the 'open in new tab' option.

I only noticed this today tho after the update to 13.0.1, when you open a blank page, it now displays a tiled page showing your last few websites that you opened.

Quite cool actually. Didn't know this feature existed, other than for the mobile Android version I also occasionally use.

My version is currently set to display the last 9 pages visited, and I'm wondering if it can be set to display either more or less, a largish screen could easily display 15 or so.

If you don't have it enabled(yet) and are on version 13.0.1, there is a small tiled icon called hide the new tab page when you hover your cursor over it .. up in the top right.

Seems to be quite handy if you regularly visit the same sites regularly I guess.

Anyone else used/using/ or seen it?

etherial
19-06-2012, 9:52pm
Gee Arthur, I'm sorry to say but features like this have been around for a while now :p

I was a firefox user up till around V11ish when I switched to Chrome.

Chrome has been doing something similar for ages, these days they show "most visited" or so links (they call them apps) that you can add. There are also a massive amount of extensions in Firefox and Chrome that enable all sorts of tricks with tabs. Just go to their extensions site and search for tabs, there are tonnes of them! ;)

ricktas
19-06-2012, 9:54pm
Yep Chrome did it first. But its a great feature all the same

arthurking83
19-06-2012, 11:08pm
Gee Arthur, I'm sorry to say but features like this have been around for a while now :p

Me Korg!! .. Me live in dark ages :D

Yeah I've seen it here and there, mainly on the droid phone and elsewhere.

Not really into this kind of thing mainly, and I guess the novelty of it will wear off by tonight :p ... and I'll go back to my usual routine again.

I 'spose I'm a bit like our 'ol mate John Laws .... when I'm onto a good thing, I stick with it.

Allie
19-06-2012, 11:43pm
Safari at work has had it for a long time too! Personally, I don't like it so I've switched it off (chose the hide it option) - it's probably coincidental as it probably just loads cache screen dumps but the pc seemed a lot slower and was not loading all photos since this latest upgrade but it's now working fine.