PDA

View Full Version : Moving to NSW

zeroharm
18-06-2012, 8:39pm
Hi, I am moving to NSW to start a new job and would love to meet some Aus Photography regulars... I will be moving to the Parkes region, so if there are any members in that area who would like to catch up please let me know :) I am planning on joining the local photography group.. I am an avid bush goer and camper (love to detect for gold as well) Looking forward to capturing this part of the countryside :)

xxdrakexx
19-06-2012, 8:47pm
So close yet so far away lol I'm on the other side of Dubbo but welcome to NSW :D

zeroharm
20-06-2012, 7:27am
So close yet so far away lol I'm on the other side of Dubbo but welcome to NSW :D

When you have lived in the Pilbara WA for so long driving 480km for coffee is a normal thing to do :) I will have to pick your brains for some places to visit :)

ricktas
20-06-2012, 9:49am
Hope the relocation and new job go well. A whole world of new photo opportunities await.

zeroharm
20-06-2012, 6:44pm
Hope the relocation and new job go well. A whole world of new photo opportunities await.
Thanks Rick, I am really excited.. Looking forward to the change of scenery too :)

ktoopi
21-06-2012, 7:13pm
Welcome to NSW!!!:party7: :gl:with your new job:) I will miss your Pilbra pics though.

zeroharm
21-06-2012, 8:11pm
Welcome to NSW!!!:party7: :gl:with your new job:) I will miss your Pilbra pics though.
Thanks :) I love the Pilbara, and will definitely be back.. Just for a holiday though :)

outstar79
22-06-2012, 11:03pm
WHAT! Leaving all the lovely red dust, mites and snake?! :eek:
Hope the move goes smoothly mate, look forward to the photos :cool:

zeroharm
22-06-2012, 11:17pm
WHAT! Leaving all the lovely red dust, mites and snake?! :eek:
Hope the move goes smoothly mate, look forward to the photos :cool:
Thanks Adam.. I am sure I can find some dust, mites and snakes in the east :) Watch this space for pics of the east...

selaw
23-06-2012, 8:36pm
Not so much dust these days after the drout breaking yet still enough! Snakes, still plenty of those buggers around in the warmer months :) Welcome to NSW and I hope the Parkes region offers you everything you were hoping for. looking forward to seeing your "scenery changing" photos. We made a significant move about 18 months ago from Brisbane to Tumut.

Mark L
23-06-2012, 9:01pm
:D looking forward to meeting one day. :D:th3:

Warren Ackary
24-06-2012, 8:52am
Welcome to NSW mate.. over in Parkes eh :rolleyes:

Oh well least its a job and thats important.. :th3:

zeroharm
24-06-2012, 12:08pm
Welcome to NSW mate.. over in Parkes eh :rolleyes:

Oh well least its a job and thats important.. :th3:

Oh no Warren, by the look of that "rolls eyes" I do believe I may be in for some fun times in Parkes!!! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

:D looking forward to meeting one day. :D:th3:
Me too Mark :D When I defrost, I am keen to get out and about :)

- - - Updated - - -

Not so much dust these days after the drout breaking yet still enough! Snakes, still plenty of those buggers around in the warmer months :) Welcome to NSW and I hope the Parkes region offers you everything you were hoping for. looking forward to seeing your "scenery changing" photos. We made a significant move about 18 months ago from Brisbane to Tumut.
Thanks Roy.. If there are snakes around I am guaranteed to find them :eek: I tend to see them often!! Parkes will be great I am sure, I tend to make each move memorable :) Tumut would be nice and cold at the moment!!

Mark L
24-06-2012, 7:04pm
:D When I defrost, I am keen to get out and about :)

Ah well, only a couple of months to wait. :D:eek:

zeroharm
11-07-2012, 7:22pm
Removalists are in first thing tomorrow!!! Watch out NSW I am on my way :)

kleinpark
19-07-2012, 1:50pm
Welcome to the state with the highest taxes :action66:

I'm 100km east of you, so probably close enough for you to come and borrow a cup of sugar :lol:, if 400kms is the norm to go and grab a coffee.
By the way, you can still have red dust, snakes of the brown, black, tiger, copperhead etc variety & I'm sure the occasional mite will drop in so you should feel right at home here. Oh and don't forget the huge Elvis Festival thats held in January......now that will provide you with SD cards full of photo opportunities.
Hope your move has gone smoothly and you've found the toaster and jug :D
What is your new job ?? Are you working out at the mine ??

zeroharm
19-07-2012, 10:12pm
Yep in the mines, good job, and much more civilised (Living, not people) :D I didn't realise I had so much to look forward too :) I will feel right at home, I didn't think about mites, Elvis and taxes! Move has gone well so far.. Been travelling across the country the last few days.. There are SOOOO Many people on the outback roads!!

Brettles
22-07-2012, 5:46am
well at the very least youre gonna havea giant radio telescope to take some purdy photos of

zeroharm
22-07-2012, 7:21am
I thought of that, But there is a big sign there that says "No cameras"... So I figure it is a photography free zone :) If Photographic opportunities don't come as easily as the pilbara, then I will have to jump out of my comfort zone and look at other genres :eek:

Mark L
22-07-2012, 7:50pm
[QUOTE=zeroharm;1048793]I thought of that, But there is a big sign there that says "No cameras"... So I figure it is a photography free zone :) QUOTE]

Bah, humbug. Going to Parkes Wed. or Thurs. next week. Will take a "snapshot" of the telescope and post it here. ;)

zeroharm
22-07-2012, 9:54pm
I thought of that, But there is a big sign there that says "No cameras"... So I figure it is a photography free zone :)

Bah, humbug. Going to Parkes Wed. or Thurs. next week. Will take a "snapshot" of the telescope and post it here. ;)
OMFG!!! Such a rebel :th3:

selaw
22-07-2012, 9:55pm
Glad you made it safe & sound. A wee time to settle into the new scenery and beofre you know it the photo ops will be jumping out at you left, right & centre. Looking forward to your new photos :D

Warus
23-07-2012, 9:14am
What signs? I have taken lots of shots there and never seen a sign :lol: Welcome to the area. There are quite a few of us around the Orange/Bathurst area and we will have to meet up one day.

zeroharm
23-07-2012, 9:28pm
What signs? I have taken lots of shots there and never seen a sign :lol: Welcome to the area. There are quite a few of us around the Orange/Bathurst area and we will have to meet up one day.
Now I am here I can't see the signs either :D A catchup with all the local Ap'ers would be fabulous.. Thanks for volunteering to get that happening :lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you made it safe & sound. A wee time to settle into the new scenery and beofre you know it the photo ops will be jumping out at you left, right & centre. Looking forward to your new photos :D
Thanks Roy, I drove in tonight after 7 days on the road :eek: And behind me was the most amazing sunset I have seen for sometime :) I was pretty happy to see it.. Now just to unpack my Imac, so I can see the real colours in photos :)

Mark L
25-07-2012, 6:01pm
OMFG!!! Such a rebel :th3:

Not a Rebel, an EOS.:confused013
So here's some promised snapshots. Taken about 15kms down the road to Wellington. The last one at the turn off to Alectown.

zeroharm
26-07-2012, 10:22am
Thanks for these Mark, I have been driving around the countryside scouting photo ops.. I haven't made it to the dish yet! Maybe today :) Now just to thaw out :eek:

dunnart
27-07-2012, 7:44pm
Welcome to NSW Zeroharm. Parkes is a nice area and town to live in. I'm in Bathurst - only a coupe of hours east of you. Maybe we can catch up sometime.

zeroharm
28-07-2012, 1:15pm
Welcome to NSW Zeroharm. Parkes is a nice area and town to live in. I'm in Bathurst - only a coupe of hours east of you. Maybe we can catch up sometime.
Hi Steve, I am thoroughly enjoying it so far :) I am yet to aclimitise though, 10 degrees used be my minimum temp, not maximum :eek: I would love to catch up with fellow AP'ers... I will post again once I am fully settled and organise a meet :th3: I will venture over Bathurst way to take in some of those gorgeous buildings ... Look forward to meeting

Cheers,
Sheree

Mojo
30-07-2012, 3:22pm
There's a gliding club in Bathurst if you head over that way. They have 2 seaters, and could take you for a flight - maybe a chance for some aerial photography if that appeals? I think there are some pilots there that actually live in Parkes. Once you get settled and down to the pub for a friendly yak with the locals, you'll find out a lot more about the area. :D

A max of 10 degrees is balmy weather, by the way. You only need a light jumper and coat. And fireplaces are soooo much more inviting than airconditioners!

zeroharm
30-07-2012, 5:51pm
There's a gliding club in Bathurst if you head over that way. They have 2 seaters, and could take you for a flight - maybe a chance for some aerial photography if that appeals? I think there are some pilots there that actually live in Parkes. Once you get settled and down to the pub for a friendly yak with the locals, you'll find out a lot more about the area. :D

A max of 10 degrees is balmy weather, by the way. You only need a light jumper and coat. And fireplaces are soooo much more inviting than airconditioners!

I have never thought about aerial photography before!! Sounds exciting.. I love a red wine, but have not been inside a pub for a long long time :) Once work starts I am sure I will find out more about the place and opportunities.. As for the weather, I much prefer the changing seasons as opposed to hot and hotter :D

dunnart
30-07-2012, 8:52pm
Lots of wheat and other crops grown out around Parkes. Come Dec it will be ready for harvest - got to be some nice photo material as the wheat grows and matures. Also, there is a smattering of old agricultural equipment (harvesters, ploughs and the like) on the farms around the place. Once you get to know some locals, you may find some. Its an agricultural area, so maybe agriculture could be a theme to work on over time.

Mark L
30-07-2012, 10:19pm
As for the weather, I much prefer the changing seasons as opposed to hot and hotter :D

Got to be better than cold and colder.

zeroharm
31-07-2012, 5:47am
[QUOTE=Mark L;1052377]Got to be better than cold and colder.

Oooh.. I saw frost for the first time in 5 years when I was camping on the Nullarbor on the way over!! Still I prefer the cold, at least you can get warm :) As strange as it sounds, blue skies and constant temps get boring after a while :D

Look forward to catching up Mark

Cheers,
Sheree

Warren Ackary
10-08-2012, 7:56am
Hey Zeroharm!
Just touching base in here to see how your going & if you are staying (re:cold weather):lol:

Seriously... enjoying NSW and shooing some great shots?
Enjoy

zeroharm
12-08-2012, 8:39pm
Hey Zeroharm!
Just touching base in here to see how your going & if you are staying (re:cold weather):lol:

Seriously... enjoying NSW and shooing some great shots?
Enjoy
Hi Wazza.. I am in a bit of shock with the weather!! Drove to Sydney over the weekend and saw snow for the first time in I have no idea how long!! I love it :) Not too many photos as yet.. But soon to change :)

ameerat42
12-08-2012, 9:10pm
I couldn't help it: I have seen this thread for quite a while, but today it came up as 55 days old!

So I thought, have you settled in yet? Were you shifting from Peking?
:Dm.

zeroharm
12-08-2012, 9:18pm
I couldn't help it: I have seen this thread for quite a while, but today it came up as 55 days old!

So I thought, have you settled in yet? Were you shifting from Peking?
:Dm.
:lol: I am just keen that's all :) Posted long before I left so I could get to meet some like minded people tis all :o I have been here "officially" for 3 weeks.. Takes time Am :D

mechawombat
13-08-2012, 1:35am
Heading to Parkes in October

Looking for a specific sign to take a photo of cause I am childish.

zeroharm
13-08-2012, 5:03am
Heading to Parkes in October, Looking for a specific sign to take a photo of cause I am childish.
Hmmm... I wonder which sign that would be :scrtch:

Pup
14-08-2012, 11:19am
Welcome to NSW hoping all goes well for you and your new job. If you every heading down to Wollongong I'm more than happy to show you around.

zeroharm
14-08-2012, 5:37pm
Welcome to NSW hoping all goes well for you and your new job. If you every heading down to Wollongong I'm more than happy to show you around.

Thanks Pup :) I will be heading there at some stage, I will be sure to catch up :D

Mark L
14-08-2012, 9:42pm
Heading to Parkes in October

Looking for a specific sign to take a photo of cause I am childish.

Hmmm... I wonder which sign that would be :scrtch:

Bet it's not this one.

zeroharm
16-08-2012, 7:28pm
[QUOTE=Mark L;1058147]Bet it's not this one.

I reckon your right :rolleyes:

mechawombat
04-09-2012, 12:07pm
not the sign I am looking for