PDA

View Full Version : The weird things you find on the net

Ezookiel
18-06-2012, 4:25pm
Was on a website that sells LED lighting equipment, and found THIS item for sale in the side menu.
Maybe we should do the 1000 pack as a bulk buy for everyone on the forum.

"Universal Handcuff Key - Concealable, Plastic Handcuff Key (often used as a SERE KIT key)

This plastic handcuff key has several important properties that may save your life
1. Undetectable by metal detectors
2. Small, flexible and light to be hidden just about anywhere on normal clothing, watches, hats and shoes
3. Strong enough to be used as a duty key
4. Can be deployed and used silently to escape notice
5. Opens all cuffs"

http://www.magnalight.com/c-95-plastic-handcuff-key.aspx

Of course, with my luck when I get kidnapped, they'll use cable ties instead of handcuffs, and my carefully concealed handcuff key will be useless. Maybe I should buy the 2 pack and sharpen one for use on cable ties.
Seriously, What the .....

Duane Pipe
18-06-2012, 4:32pm
Good if your not into b&d:lol: There certainly is some wired stuff on the web

outstar79
18-06-2012, 5:11pm
Interesting to know you can get explosion proof hand lamps, string lights etc. Perfect anytime you're disarming ordinance in the dark :D

Ezookiel
18-06-2012, 7:14pm
Yeah, I had to laugh at all the explosion proof stuff they make. But a solar powered LED light that is explosion proof was almost THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!. Got to be pretty wealthy - or really desperate to have the light survive an explosion - to pay that for a solar powered LED light when Bunnings has the garden variety of solar powered lights for like $19.95

ameerat42
18-06-2012, 9:18pm
Well, all I can say is, "Drat! where's that puke icon?"
OK. it makes you barffff!
Am. (Hadda larrff though.)

Mark L
18-06-2012, 9:23pm
What's the problem? :scrtch:
I thought every one had one of these keys.

MissionMan
18-06-2012, 9:28pm
One day when you're kidnapped and handcuffed to a car while fuel drips slowly towards a naked flame and they give you a saw with the choice of sawing through your leg or the handcuff, you'll wish you bought that plastic handcuff key...

Its the same reason I took out my Alien Abduction insurance...you can never be too insured...

ameerat42
18-06-2012, 9:29pm
You could well ask, "What's the point?" But if it's a circular key....
Well, there's one of those in Sydney.
Now there's an idea.

For Sale: Circular Quay. Way to get around.

Ezookiel
18-06-2012, 9:52pm
I guess those into a particular kind of "play" with their partners could find one handy in case the partner ever
A) Loses the key.
B) decides to be nasty and leave you there.
It says it opens all cuffs. I wonder if that really includes the fluffy padded type ;) Maybe I should write to them to ask ;) and then order the 1000 pack :eek: That would sure get them wondering.