PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus

Dylan & Marianne
10-06-2012, 8:50pm
I just watched Prometheus last night and as a movie goer , I thought it was entertaining . As a critic, I could lift the script and there would be holes right through it lol
Anyway, in case you didn't know what Iceland looked like , almost all of the opening sequences until they return to 'earth' are shot there :)
A great advertisement for landscape photography I thought! If only the rest of the movie was as strong.......

ameerat42
10-06-2012, 8:59pm
Is there any connection between its title and the myth of Prometheus?

JM Tran
10-06-2012, 9:01pm
Is there any connection between its title and the myth of Prometheus?

Yes there is, and it is explained in the movie as well.

I really enjoyed the movie as I am an Alien/Aliens fan and of the whole universe and mythology, including the Predator links as well. Lots of holes, and some unanswered stuff.

But I really liked how Ridley Scott finally shed light on the 'space jockey' from Alien - now we finally see it is a suit of some sort worn by the Engineer to pilot the ship, and not a giant carcass as previously thought to be.

Dylan & Marianne
10-06-2012, 9:24pm
I'm hoping those holes are answered in the following movies -
Kym - yep - If you look up TED 2023 , guy pearce on youtube, he gives a great speech about the premise of it all though it's not in the movie itself.

ricktas
10-06-2012, 10:08pm
I was a bit disappointed with it. The hype said we would find out about where man came from and where the Aliens came from, which we didn't. It was a good entertaining movie, however the Doctor who died of the infection was probably the strongest character, and I thought it lost its way a bit. I can see another prequel coming...

Much preferred the original Alien series.

Dylan & Marianne
10-06-2012, 10:12pm
I'm with you Rick - I expected to be enlightened but clearly that was asking too much without having to watch another 2 more prequels

mongo
11-06-2012, 11:07pm
MOngo is THE great science fiction fan (and loud critic if it is bad).

Hoping to see it very soon. It seems to have gotten a mixed , only warm reception from what Mongo can see here.

Mongo will know soon and thanks for giving us some idea about it Dylan.

Dylan & Marianne
12-06-2012, 7:30am
looking forward to your review mongo ;)
as usual , there's good and bad - main question is does good >>> bad or other way round!

outstar79
12-06-2012, 9:17am
I hope you didn't feint :D

Still looking forward to seeing it, being FIFO a miss certain opportunities. At least by the time I get to see it in the cinema - there won't be so many people in the auditorium :)