PDA

View Full Version : Kelby on composition ... FREE!

WhoDo
09-06-2012, 12:10pm
Posted via Petapixel is this YouTube video (1hr 5mins) of Scott Kelby's "Crushing the Composition" presentation at Google+ Photographers Conference. He deals with Rule of Thirds, Leading Lines, etc in only about 3 minutes and then gets into the serious business of getting GREAT shots. Warning! It is NOT all about PP software ... not even CLOSE! Seriously worth the hour of your life if you want to get better shots! :th3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FpHMuK7Htic

livio
10-06-2012, 3:07pm
This was was useful information nothing that we have not heard of before but it was put in such a refreshing manner. I was able to identify exactly what he was discussing and it helped to re-enforce some of what we already know. Thanks for putting this up I found it useful

Kind Regards
Livio

ameerat42
10-06-2012, 3:28pm
(Can't see the thread properly. There's a black space but no video link shows. Will try later via this post.)

OK now. Started to watch. Looks interesting. Ta.

William
10-06-2012, 3:38pm
Hey Waz , That is excellent and needs to put in the New to photography thread somewhere , Love his books and this video presentation is really interesting , I learnt somethings myself and I'm glad I do a lot of things he suggested as well :D, Really good watch and I hope others take the time to have a look , Thanks Waz :cool:

WhoDo
10-06-2012, 4:35pm
Hey Waz , That is excellent and needs to put in the New to photography thread somewhere , Love his books and this video presentation is really interesting , I learnt somethings myself and I'm glad I do a lot of things he suggested as well :D, Really good watch and I hope others take the time to have a look , Thanks Waz :cool:

I'll go you 3 better, Bill. Here is a link to his FREE videos on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UUFJ7r70nIWRe0mJ2lp7NAsA&feature=plcp). There's all sorts of good stuff there. ;)

William
10-06-2012, 4:38pm
Ooooh !! Thats a good link to some good stuff from Scott , Good one Waz , Thanks mate :th3: Once again , I hope others have a look

AnneM
10-06-2012, 4:43pm
This was a great way to spend a wet afternoon on a long weekend. I really enjoyed this. Yes, it's the same story but I found him really easy to watch and I've remembered some of those 'rules' that I'd forgotten. Thanks very much for putting this up. You could read all this in a book but nothing beats hearing and watching someone.

etherial
17-06-2012, 1:54pm
Thanks for sharing this vid, there are some great tips in there, and I really enjoy a perspective focussed on making an image rather than gear. I really enjoyed it. :th3:

Duane Pipe
17-06-2012, 2:46pm
Sounds good wazz I will check it out:th3:

Bear Dale
17-06-2012, 2:50pm
Thanks for that link. I'm a fan of Scott.

Cris
17-06-2012, 4:37pm
Excellent video, Scotts explanation and the way he keeps it simple makes it so easy to understand.:)

Lance B
17-06-2012, 5:58pm
Thank you for the link, Waz!

It's interesting, as he talks about "working the scene" and this is exactly what I do, including the aperture, WB (post process), exposure etc. However, I am now off to cull my photos. :D

Schy
25-07-2012, 7:10pm
Thanks for the link!!! Good video! :)