PDA

View Full Version : Lensbaby, inquiring thoughts..

Chris G
08-06-2012, 8:30am
Anyone got a lensbaby composer? Just wondering what they are like to use ect as I'm thinking about getting one to expand on my creativity side for portraits..

ricktas
08-06-2012, 8:53am
I have a lensbaby 2. It is fun, quirky and creates an interesting photo. But for me, I don't really use it much at all. Like Inst.gram, it tends to end up being a 'play thing' rather than something for high quality photography.

Chris G
08-06-2012, 11:45am
Cheers Rick, yeh it's not that I would think I would be using it day in and day out, but for something just add that little extra when I felt the need..

Agreed though it would be more of a play thing as you say :th3:

Mr Lensbaby
11-06-2012, 10:10am
I have a few :D

Like all lens the LB is a tool and when used appropriately with a theme/idea in mind you can achieve some nice results .

Get one and enjoy it

SamanthaB
14-06-2012, 8:33am
I love my lensbaby composer pro. I've primarily used it with the double glass optic but I'm picking up the edge 80 today! It forces you to become better at composing and understanding your camera on top of allowing you to be ridiculously creative... You can also get a macro kit for it if macro is one of your things :)

Mr Felix
04-07-2012, 7:10pm
Yes, I am looking at them too.

Don't know why, but I sometimes think curiosity is a good thing so long as it isn't taken too far, or costs too much.