PDA

View Full Version : East Gippy future meets... Listen up!

Duane Pipe
07-06-2012, 8:28pm
I know a bloke/friend/associate that I haven't seen for a few years that owns a Property named Beardmore's
Its over the Thompson dam wall and can be accessed in a 2wd. Jase might know where I mean:confused013

Have a look at his Huts, top notch I recon:)

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/SwearBear2/b2.jpg

This is overlooking the Thompson Catchment with Baw Baw in the back ground

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/SwearBear2/b1.jpg

Malcolm Johnson is his name and he owned a Trail riding business But I cant bloody remember its name.:confused013
He was featured on Getaway around 8 years ago:th3: I helped him spray the black berries on his block and a whole lot more I also looked after his Horses during overnight stop overs as far as Dargo... He paid me with friendship and VB:lol2: He is a top Bloke..
I recon if a few of us got together and cut a couple of trailer loads of firewood would be enough to please him.

I think it would be a good weekend meet for those that have to travel.

Heaps of wild life to shoot. Samba Deer to Scorpions. I was Honked one day by a big Samber stag that was over the boundary fence about 30ft away and at a guise it would have been around a 30" rack:th3: It scared the sit out of me:cool:

Duane Pipe
08-06-2012, 8:27am
Here it is on google earth.
He dose lease it out to campers so we would have to let him know when and if we have a meet there.
like I said he is a top bloke and would probably let us stay for a trailer load of firewood, thats not too hard:th3:
I like the idea and would like some feedback from other members and there thoughts. It is a fair distance for Geoff and Andrew but worth it for a weekend away I recon.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/SwearBear2/Beardmores.jpg

CAP
08-06-2012, 10:49am
This place looks sensational..... if you ever arrange a multi night stay I'm definitely keen to travel, a tad too far for an overnighter for me.

Duane Pipe
08-06-2012, 12:46pm
This place looks sensational..... if you ever arrange a multi night stay I'm definitely keen to travel, a tad too far for an overnighter for me.

Bit far for a overnighter for you for sure Cap. I added you to my contacts so if something is organized I will let you know. Cheers Dave

jasnat
08-06-2012, 11:06pm
Great idea Dave looks like the great spot. It would be good if we can get a few people/families there.

I @ M
09-06-2012, 6:43am
Looks like an excellent place for a social get together ---- in Summer when firewood isn't needed. :D

Duane Pipe
09-06-2012, 9:05am
It a great spot Jase and Andrew and very chilly in winter. We could be lazy buggers Andrew and slip him some cash but I still would like to supply him with some wood, especially if we use his. Just a thought. Do you need a permit to cut firewood for camping, I know that I have never had one..

William
09-06-2012, 12:21pm
If it's laying on the ground , It's fair game Dave, Well thats my rule :D

Duane Pipe
09-06-2012, 3:05pm
Sounds good to me Bill;) I would hate to be find for a load of wood cut for camping though, I must find out.
I drank in the local/Rawson bub for over 10 years bill so I knew all the rangers the local cop and the board of works blokes and i could get get away with murder but most of them have moved on.:(

geedee
10-06-2012, 9:12pm
Sounds like mighty fine idea Dave

Duane Pipe
11-06-2012, 6:43pm
Sounds like mighty fine idea Dave

I think it would make a good spot for a meet too geedee:th3: Since the thread is showing some interest I will give Malcolm a call and have a chinwag. Thanks for showing interest mate:th3: I will keep this thread updated.....:th3: No more beers dave :th3:

Banjo
08-02-2014, 8:30pm
I'm thinking of joining the Sale Camera Club ..... is anyone here in it?