PDA

View Full Version : A P&S for max 200$

twix
06-06-2012, 6:02am
Hi everyone,
I plan to buy for my girls (12/15) to christmas a P&S and do not know in the moment what I should go for, and also should I go for a say up to 10X zoom or will it be better to go just up to 5x zoom. They will use the camera mainly for around the house, but then as well for shool excursions and other outdoor activitis, like trampolining and this sort of things.
Any help whit ideas would be apreciated.
Cheers Klaus!

Kaktus
06-06-2012, 6:58pm
Hi Klaus,

Maybe something on this site http://www.chi-photography.com/best-rugged-point-and-shoot-digital-cameras-2012-tough-and-waterproof/
could be suitable as you mention school excursions, outdoor activities and trampolining.

twix
07-06-2012, 5:58am
Thanks for your help, much apprichiatet, didnt thought on a camera like that. But you right. Toughness will be more importend then a 10x zoom. Didn`t see it from this point.
Thanks mate!

selaw
01-01-2013, 9:10pm
So Klaus, what P&S did you end up with?
I picked up a Lumix FT-4 for work. Claiming 2m drop proof & 12m water proof. Not wanting to "test" it out but compactness, sealing & durability were inportant factors. Olympus Tough series was another worth considering.

Just realised you had a $200 cap, sorry mate. the ones I mentioned retail for somewhere around $300-$400. Still interested in knowing how you got on considering the "toughness" factor discussed.