PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Gumtree

ameerat42
03-06-2012, 11:06am
Folks.
Just recently I became a Gumtree member and placed an ad there.

Now after hearing 0 for ages I have three replies. None have gone to my posted email address.

Does anybody here use Gumtree and can you shed some light as to how to view these replies?

Even when I go into my ad I cannot access anything much.

(ALSO: been thru all the help there - zilch.)

Ta,
Am (up a tree:()

tassam380
03-06-2012, 12:16pm
Hmmm, I use Gumtree a fair bit and have never had a problem with that. Is there a chance that you put your E-Mail in wrong (But then of course you wouldn't have been able to activate it). Or perhaps you registered with a different email you use. If this isn't the problem, might be worth contacting Gumtree directly.

ameerat42
03-06-2012, 1:09pm
Thanks, Tassam. It's been a few weeks. I got the original em from Gumtree but nuffin since.
Also, I'm hard-pressed to see how to contact them directly. They seem to have hidden themselves deep in the forest of re-directing links.

I'm hoping a couple of potential respondees aren't calling me names for not getting back to them.:(
Am.

PS: I also always check spam mail box in case of mis-directed messages. Nothing in there either.

tassam380
03-06-2012, 6:00pm
Had a bit of a poke around, from this link you can submit a support ticket to them, seems like the only way to get direct contact.
-https://help.gumtree.com.au/index.php?a=add

ameerat42
03-06-2012, 7:10pm
Ta Tassam.

Would you believe, when I wrote my last message I went looking for such a thing and came up with the same. You had to dig, though.

They must be so shy!

I am now waiting for a response.
Am.

ricktas
03-06-2012, 7:29pm
I have sold a couple of things on gumtree, and whilst my ads were successful, I agree it is not the most intuitive site and I often got lost trying to find something.

OzzieTraveller
03-06-2012, 7:32pm
G'day Am

I have the pentax + lenses etc on Gumtree Melb + Syd + Bris sites for 'ages' without getting much response
Like you - then 2 or 3 enquiries in qwik succession

All seemed genuine enquiries and none were 'spam' stuff
Sold the lenses & flash gun - still have the Pentax + 1-lens
Regards, Phil

tassam380
03-06-2012, 10:38pm
Yeah, Ive bought and sold my last couple of PCs on there, and even the first DSLR. Haven't had any issues.
Glad you found it Am!! Good Luck

Sam

ameerat42
04-06-2012, 9:42am
Well, I sent my ticket off to them and today I got an automated reply. I'll see what 24 hrs brings.
Ta, Am.

Phil777
06-06-2012, 11:45pm
I have sold quite a bit on Gumtree with no apparent problems.
However, after a week or so they contacted me telling me my ads were no longer on the 'front page' and therefore
not attracting so much interest and would I like to pay money to have them promoted.
I declined of course but other than that is has been ok.

Rattus79
07-06-2012, 9:06am
The spam on gumtree is amazing!
I put stuff up the other day specifically saying not to text me. I got DOZENS of texts all generic that would have worked on any listing. All summarily deleted.

That said, if anyone wants some antique reproduction chairs .... :D

fenderstrat1963
07-06-2012, 9:43am
Have you tried breaking up your phone number - maybe over 2 lines with a note to explain it? If it's an automated tool grabbing phone numbers that might help.

Apart from that a "reproduction" chair just doesn't sound like it would be comfortable for watching the tele from ;)

Rattus79
07-06-2012, 11:32am
Actuallly that's not a bad Idea!

And no, they're not chairs designed for watching tele. More for a very stylish room. but still suprisingly comfortable.