PDA

View Full Version : VIVID Sydney mini meet - Monday 11 June - Darey

Darey
30-05-2012, 8:53pm
Folks,
For those that are interested I am going to do another Vivid Sydney shoot on 11th June and intend to be around the Circular Quay area from 6:30pm. I intend to hang around Circular Quay for about half an hour then I will be strolling to the Opera House, back past Circular Quay (Customs House etc.) and onto the International Passenger terminal on my way to Walsh Bay.

I expect that Seabee (Cindy & partner) will be joining me at some stage and would be very happy if others join me to meet our visiting Melbourne friends.

Please let me know if you want to come along to this Vivid Mini Meet by posting in this thread. I will then PM you with my mobile number so we can arrange a meeting spot on the night.

Hopefully we will have a good night with smaller crowds. :)

Warren Ackary
31-05-2012, 5:22pm
Hi Darey, I am a newbie from Wollongong, sounds great as I really have to start getting out more. I do photowalks in the CBD during the days (not often though). It would be great to go out with other like minded people and hopefully some our the gangs expert knowledge will rub off on me.
besides its an awesome lightshow what I have seen so far on the TV & images in Facebook.:th3:

Darey
31-05-2012, 7:46pm
Warren, I'm looking forward to meeting you, I will PM you my mobile number. :th3:

raccoon
01-06-2012, 7:45pm
Lyn and i will be there. See you then..

Seabee
01-06-2012, 7:55pm
Oh darey you're a legend lol, I am sure my mates will just throw me out of the car and head for the nearest pub!
Thank you for your time and look forward to seeing the Sydney siders for a shirt while!!
I will definately return the favor to anyone that heads south at anytime!!
Woohoo

Darey
01-06-2012, 8:11pm
Paul,
I am so happy Lynn and you can make the meet, I think we will have a nice time as my aim is for us to enjoy ourselves and hopefully get some good shots on the way. Mary has to work the next day but said she might come along too. I'll let you know later if she can make it.

Cindy,
The pleasure is all ours and we are looking forward to meeting you. I will PM you soon.

Danielle10
04-06-2012, 7:18am
I might join you Greg next week. I intended to use next Monday as a wet weather option as I plan to go tonight.
If anyone is interested pm me ur number and we'll meet tonight. I'm beading in with a couple of others but won't be deciding until at least 5ish today because of weather.
Sorry to hijack your thread Greg lol x

Darey
04-06-2012, 3:35pm
Hope you have a good night Danielle, the crowd should be down because of the weather.
I'll be looking for your shots.

Warren Ackary
05-06-2012, 3:18pm
Hi Greg
I hope it clears up by Monday, I am playing up at Gosford Sunday but will be home that night. I will give you a bell during the day as to where to meet. Even though I live in the Gong I only know the stations and a few area's etc. You may have a suggestion about where to meet (its an hour train trip for me also)

Look forward to your reply

Warren (Wazza)

Darey
05-06-2012, 11:34pm
Warren,
It may be best if you get the train to "Circular Quay". You may even be able to get a couple of shots from the platform (MCA or Customs House) before you come down stairs to meet us.

I intend to be near the "Circular Quay" station form about 6:30pm to 7:30pm so we can arrange a meeting spot when you get there and ring me.

I too hope the weather is kind for us.

Warren Ackary
06-06-2012, 3:15pm
Warren,
It may be best if you get the train to "Circular Quay". You may even be able to get a couple of shots from the platform (MCA or Customs House) before you come down stairs to meet us.

I intend to be near the "Circular Quay" station form about 6:30pm to 7:30pm so we can arrange a meeting spot when you get there and ring me.

I too hope the weather is kind for us.

Thats Darey! I hope it goes also mate.. great night, great people.. dont need bad weather!

AVALANCHE
07-06-2012, 1:08am
Hello,

I would like to attend this, I finish work in Waterloo at 8pm so anytime after that is fine if you are all still around at all.

Darey
07-06-2012, 2:40pm
Avalanche,
I will PM you my mobile number and you can ring me on the night to arrange a meeting point.

That now makes the group list,
Darey
Warren Ackary
Racoon
Racoon (better half)
SeaBee
Danielle10 (maybe)
Avalanche

I'm looking forward to a good night.

Warren Ackary
07-06-2012, 5:34pm
Nice, 2 Racoons or added your better half twice :)

Should be a great night just looking at the forecast, I hope somebody can lend me a Tripod as I disposed of mine (way too heavy for my old back)

Darey
07-06-2012, 9:39pm
Warren,
I will bring my light Benro Travel Angel tripod along for you but you will have to carry it during the shoot.

Warren Ackary
07-06-2012, 10:01pm
Warren,
I will bring my light Benro Travel Angel tripod along for you but you will have to carry it during the shoot.

Not a problem.. much appreciated :)

raccoon
08-06-2012, 6:29am
HI everyone, i will be there but the better half will not be coming.
should be a good night

Warren Ackary
08-06-2012, 11:00am
HI everyone, i will be there but the better half will not be coming.
should be a good night

Oh ok, thanks for that... dont tell me he is coming down with the dreaded "manflu"? :eek:

peterb666
08-06-2012, 12:28pm
Put me down as a maybe but don't put money on it.

Darey
08-06-2012, 5:05pm
Peter,
It would be nice to see you if you can make it.

Warren Ackary
08-06-2012, 5:29pm
Cant make it so your better half said Greg?

Hope you are ok.:crike:

Darey
08-06-2012, 7:03pm
Warren,
Racoon (Paul) AND his better half (Lnn) were coming to the shoot. Lynn cannot make it now so just Racoon (Paul) is coming along.

I will definitely be attending shoot.

Warren Ackary
08-06-2012, 9:35pm
Warren,
Racoon (Paul) AND his better half (Lnn) were coming to the shoot. Lynn cannot make it now so just Racoon (Paul) is coming along.

I will definitely be attending shoot.

Nice, Im getting everyone mixed up (with forum names that is).. anyway, Ill be at theQuay Station around 6:30PM there abouts, have stored your mobile number.

swifty
11-06-2012, 9:57am
Hi Darey, I should be able to make it tonight if there's room for 1 more. Hope the weather eaze up though.

Darey
11-06-2012, 10:43am
Hi everyone,
I have just checked the Weather Bureau site and it looks like the rain and possible storms will continue for today and tomorrow so therefore I'm afraid that I am CANCELLING the shoot for tonight and I will be staying warm and dry at home processing some photos I took during the week. :o

For those who brave the weather and go out tonight I hope you stay safe and get some good shots.

Danielle10
11-06-2012, 8:00pm
Yep it's still pouring- I went on Saturday again. And added my pics to my original post Greg if u wanna see :)

swifty
11-06-2012, 8:08pm
Hi everyone. Weather's actually ok now. I'm down there now. If any APers also made it down, PM me.

Warren Ackary
11-06-2012, 10:30pm
Well I thought I was the only one there when Greg replied to my SMS.

Went there rugged up, no rain, no wind just a tad cold but I was warm. Took 100+ shots and got maybe 4 that are usable (no Tripod)
Oh well it was a good night .. I missed you swifty, thats where mobile numbers would have come inhandy.. then again I left Corrimal on the train at 4:35PM.. its now 10:30PM

swifty
11-06-2012, 11:41pm
Hey Warren, yea I was late in confirming to go so I didn't get anyone's numbers. Oh well, another time.
I also took probably 100 odd shots and got a hand full of keepers. Have already processed it actually but jz uploading's taking awhile. Will post some later.
Cheers