PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to sneeze at!

ameerat42
22-05-2012, 11:34am
But that doesn't stop me from doing so and having all the other symptoms of a common cold. It's in the 2nd week, with a few days off in between.

Got me wondering whether there'd be an opening in the public service for me - as a government cougher.

I reckon I could use the money, too.

A(choo)m.

No kidding. I'm sick of/with it!

I @ M
22-05-2012, 11:46am
Stop snivelling, go to the doctors, they will give you something that will knock it over in 3 weeks, if you do nothing you are going to have to be prepared to put up with it for a whole 21 days. :D

Bennymiata
22-05-2012, 6:06pm
Working for the public service isn't what is used to be.

They just brought out a new rule that you aren't allowed to look out the window in the morning any more.
Because then you'd have nothing to do in the afternoons! :D

Ezookiel
22-05-2012, 7:16pm
I've had mine for close to 2 weeks. I normally knock them over in half that time, and the sore throat is only ever one or two days of it. This time it's been three different sore throats, the first was like having swallowed a golf ball, a very localised small area that felt like a huge sore lump as I swallowed, then moved to a standard sore throat, and lately has been a sore throat up high in the back of the roof of the mouth.
Never had anything like it. My daughter brought her boyfriend over to introduce him, even though he was sick, and he's made half the house sick. Lucky he was such a nice guy, otherwise it wouldn't have been the best of introductions :)
So good luck shifting the blasted thing, I can't seem to get rid of this one.

ameerat42
23-05-2012, 10:09am
Thanks for the kind words, folks. To cap it all (it was NOT CAPITAL), I had nausea for a few hours yester evening.
My head was :crzy:, and NO, I had not been :beer_mug:, (and it's wine anyway).
I hope it's over.
:scared:m.

Eberbachl
23-05-2012, 3:33pm
Me too... I've had a damn cough for two weeks that I just can't shake. Otherwise I feel fine. Very annoying!

:angry0:

ving
23-05-2012, 3:48pm
Am, sorry but you are pregnant. I realise that maybe this wasnt planned and that maybe there might have been some divine intervention involved but I think the best thing you could possible do now for you and the coming child is to go on maternity leave. I know you feel obliged to work and all but you arent doing yourself of the baby any good by being at work.

Ps: the arvo-sickness will pass with time.

ameerat42
23-05-2012, 3:55pm
Ving. Er, no. My gender precludes me from ever being in the expectant state.

Work? Who said that?

Ma? Er, Am.

ving
23-05-2012, 3:59pm
Ving. Er, no. My gender precludes me from ever being in the expectant state.

Work? Who said that?

Ma? Er, Am.if arnold schwarznegger can do it so can you!
DONT GIVE UP MAN!

THINK OF THE CHILD!

sunny6teen
24-05-2012, 8:26pm
I read somewhere that you can modify light with snot...so hang in there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Vtxu0Lebs