PDA

View Full Version : Good Buy ?

Cargo
22-05-2012, 10:39am
Hi All,
I have the opportunity to purchase a Nikon Lens AF-S 60mm Micro 1:2.8 GED used only a couple of times
Price $200.
I already have AF-S 55-300mm and AF-S 18-55mm both of which I enjoy but have found myself wanting to do more macro type work ....
What do you guys think ? I'm also going to get to try this out first :) Lucky hey
Cheers Cargo

Lanny
22-05-2012, 10:54am
Mate thats a good buy. Those babies retail new from $700+. I would be asking a lot of questions to make sure that all is good and has it been serviced? Only reason being is that for $200 it seems too good to be true (my opinion anyway) have a shoot with it and really be self critical with the images you see on screen as the price will influence your decision in some way. Check all moving parts are smooth and doesn't feel grainy or stiff. As usual look for all the signs of fungus and oil on the blades etc. Apart from that if all is good and your happy, its a good lens and being 2.8 brilliant. I have the 105mm version and love it. I enjoy macro/micro but I also use it for portraits. It also has the magic 'N'. Well done if all matches up and its a good, clean lens. Have fun and enjoy.

I @ M
22-05-2012, 10:55am
If it is really the AF-S version and is fungus free and in good condition, simply grab it as soon as you can.
At that price the seller is really doing themselves a disservice but you would be getting the bargain of the year I reckon.
If it is the older AF-D version it is still a good buy if it is in top condition.

It will provide a very handy focal length for both macro and portraiture work.

Cargo
23-05-2012, 10:49am
Well this is what I look like at the moment :D:D:D
The gentleman selling the lens has just left my place MINUS the lens .....
It WAS the bargain of the year ... Brand new still in box almost if it had come straight from the shop, couldn't find anything wrong ....
A very nice and honest seller and my lucky day I think, so "Thankyou" universe ...... now I have got to learn how to use it properly :)
Thanks for your advice guys
Cargo

Allie
23-05-2012, 2:20pm
Congratulations, Cargo. Of course, now we expect lots of macro photos from you :p .... as in "where are they????":D

Cargo
23-05-2012, 2:46pm
Hey Allie .... if it wasn't raining :rolleyes:
Actually ducked out between showers without the tripod .....WOW what a learning curve this gonna be !!!! And a heap of fun :)
Anyway got one I might post of a green ant ... Not sure yet
Cargo

Blueywa
21-06-2012, 4:26pm
A really great buy .... I have one and love it.:th3: