PDA

View Full Version : Most cost effective wat to get a LED panel setup ?

AutumnCurl
22-05-2012, 2:45am
Was looking at this:
http://www.avedia.com.au/3x-700-led-dimmable-bi-colour-3200-5600k-photo-video-lighting-stand-boom-arm-700led3?keyword=Led&category_id=0

Has anyone seen anything cheaper? Or have a trusted source?

I have no DIY skills for that type of thing.

ricktas
22-05-2012, 6:10am
Lets clarify here, are you looking for cheapest, or cost effective? if you want cheaper, get on ebay

AutumnCurl
22-05-2012, 2:31pm
I want whats best for the money i am spending, however as i have never used the led panels before i have no idea whats good.
I have seen them with dimmer switch and also 4 switches on the back for more light control, however none that ship to australia.

gary
22-05-2012, 4:21pm
Maybe look here http://www.coollcd.com/led-video-lights_c880
I bought the C160 and it's works quite well.

jjphoto
22-05-2012, 5:31pm
I want whats best for the money i am spending, however as i have never used the led panels before i have no idea whats good.
I have seen them with dimmer switch and also 4 switches on the back for more light control, however none that ship to australia.

Have you considered if they are even the best option for your application? You will always get the most bang (light) for your buck with strobes.

If you actually need continuous light then that's another matter, but do you need continuous light?

JJ

AutumnCurl
22-05-2012, 6:13pm
Yes i have researched, into the lighting options, as i am currently a photography student i have full strobe studio access.

I like the effect leds have and how durable and portable the 500 less sizes can be. :)

jjphoto
22-05-2012, 7:12pm
Yes i have researched, into the lighting options, as i am currently a photography student i have full strobe studio access.

I like the effect leds have and how durable and portable the 500 less sizes can be. :)

You should borrow or rent a light similar to the one you want to buy. It's better then spending the money and then finding it doesn't do what you thought it would.

JJ