PDA

View Full Version : State of Origin. Do you care who wins?

Mark L
21-05-2012, 9:28pm
Fractionally surprised no one's started a poll on this years series.
So, don't care who you think will win, or by what margin, as previous polls have been based on. Do you care who will win?

MarkChap
21-05-2012, 9:36pm
QUEENSLAND to go 7 series in a row, with a 3-0 series white wash.

But nope, I don't care who wins

much

lenscap
21-05-2012, 10:59pm
No, I don't care so long as it's Queensland!!!

Cage
22-05-2012, 10:54am
As long as the game is up to it's usual high standard I don't give a rats who wins it. :efelant: Is it a Maroon efelant?

yummymummy
22-05-2012, 11:07am
I don't care who wins..... as long as its QUEENSLAND!!!!!! :D

Duane Pipe
22-05-2012, 12:53pm
No.I don't even follow the AFL :beer_mug:

kiwi
22-05-2012, 3:28pm
I shoot it, I care

snappysi
22-05-2012, 4:26pm
Are you going to Melbourne to shoot it darren, or just doing the Brisbane game ??

Simon.

kiwi
22-05-2012, 4:30pm
Ill wake up from my dream....maybe one day I get to shoot it :-)

Kerrie
22-05-2012, 4:31pm
Do they still call it a comp? After 7 years, no, I don't care, cos its only gonna be competitive again when the southerners win 5 years running...at least......cos until then they're second best :D Whether they win the odd game or not.

pjs2
22-05-2012, 5:57pm
I care but I dont think NSW does or they would not have Ricky (I wanna be a super leaguer sob sob) Stewart as the coach.

dieselpower
22-05-2012, 6:53pm
I'm a Qlder and I care who wins.

If I'm honest, I kind of want NSW to win a couple, cos I feel sorry for them and because I'm sick of all the whinging after each and every game they lose. Maybe it'll shut them up for 5mins.

Ganzer
22-05-2012, 7:04pm
:lol::lol:QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol::lol:

LJG
22-05-2012, 7:15pm
I'm the same as lenscap, I couldn't give a stuff, as long as it is QUEENSLAND:efelant::efelant:

Mark L
22-05-2012, 7:29pm
Got to love gracious winners. :rolleyes:

arthurking83
22-05-2012, 7:29pm
What's State of Origin? ... and how do you win one?

Does it have 36Megapixels, and if so are all these pixels blurred to any extent with hardware, or not?
If there are not 36 million pixels, are there at least 16 million of them, and on a full frame silicon imaging device, also with the ability to capture 11frames per second?

If so, then I'll win this State of Origin thingy!

Ezookiel
22-05-2012, 7:40pm
Not even in the slightest bit interested.
Don't follow any of the sports, except if there's some Rally driving on a Sunday arvo I'll happily watch that, and once a year I watch Bathurst if there's nothing better to do (like going camping). But you can definitely keep any of the Thugby type sports. Even more so since the demise of the days of genuine sportsmanship, when men had some honour and decency, and played to be the best at the sport, and if they weren't the best, they tried harder. Now the game is based on injuring the best opponent so that you are playing a crippled team, to give yourself half a chance. No honour, no decency. These people don't know what being a "Man" actually means. A true "man" could be trusted, his word meant something, and he would never have had so little common decency and ethics as to deliberately attempt to injure an opponent rather than win with skill.
Ooops. I think I've ended up on my soap box again. I'll go hide back under my rock now.

FallingHorse
22-05-2012, 8:04pm
Don't follow any of the sports, except if there's some Rally driving on a Sunday arvo I'll happily watch that, and once a year I watch Bathurst if there's nothing better to do (like going camping). But you can definitely keep any of the Thugby type sports. Even more so since the demise of the days of genuine sportsmanship, when men had some honour and decency, and played to be the best at the sport, and if they weren't the best, they tried harder. Now the game is based on injuring the best opponent so that you are playing a crippled team, to give yourself half a chance. No honour, no decency. These people don't know what being a "Man" actually means. A true "man" could be trusted, his word meant something, and he would never have had so little common decency and ethics as to deliberately attempt to injure an opponent rather than win with skill.
Ooops. I think I've ended up on my soap box again. I'll go hide back under my rock now.

Now see ... you got it wrong. These days sport is about one thing .... Money :lol:

bowjac
22-05-2012, 8:25pm
Go the All Blacks!!:scrtch:

Wayne63
22-05-2012, 9:08pm
Well it looks like I will be the odd one out ......... GO THE BLUES

Kym
23-05-2012, 8:23am
Go the CROWS.... but if it's thugby then Queensland coz Mum lives in Brisbane. Meh!

The BIG game this week is Crows v pies here in Adelaide (http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/16931/Default.aspx#fixtureid=7736&tab=Preview) on Saturday night!

stuey
23-05-2012, 9:08am
we have tickets to game 2 in Sydney (although in the extreme Nose bleed and Oxygen tank session), so cant wait to go. NSW all the way....

bugshutter
23-05-2012, 10:15am
I should go for the Blues but the Qld's will win again as usual.

outstar79
23-05-2012, 12:31pm
Sorry, if it doesn't have a ridiculously high powered engine I'm not interested :D

kiwi
23-05-2012, 1:11pm
Sorry, if it doesn't have a ridiculously high powered engine I'm not interested :D

That would be Petro

http://img.tapatalk.com/ca0c6dfa-558f-0dc8.jpg

Lance B
23-05-2012, 1:17pm
State of Origin, is all about Queensland.

The interesting thing is that after the 2005 series when NSW had won 3 in a row, all the sports writers and commentators were saying that "Origin was dead", "It was bad for Origin", "that NSW were too dominant" and "Queensland would never recover", blah blah blah.

However, now we have 6 series wins in a row to Queensland, we have those very same sports writers and commentators espousing that "Origin has never been better", "It's great for the game", blah blah blah.

Hmmm.

It's all about Queensland.

If NSW gets within 20 points, they'll have done well.

Mark L
23-05-2012, 10:19pm
Bugga, I wish I didn't care.:angry0:

sonofcoco
23-05-2012, 10:33pm
What an incredible decision that was....ruined the last 10 mins of the game really. Good to see good old Barry Gomersall back as a video ref though :lol2:

norwest
23-05-2012, 11:56pm

Generalising a little when you say, "Don't follow any of the sports" aren't we?

The game hasn't changed re belting the hell out of your opponent as long as i remember and that's 5 decades of watching and playing 4 decades ago. So i don't know what game you're watching. And most players are quite decent, actually, like myself, with team honour and a willingness to shed blood for your team mates. Family members whom have played for their country are decent blokes. The players i associate with every weekend are decent blokes.

The sport theses days is peachy compared to yesteryear with dangerous play being heavily penalised, unlike yesteryear with coat hangers, spear tackles and punch ups common place, though it's far more skilful with far better athletes these days with modern coaching and training methods.

Thugby? :angry34:

ApolloLXII
24-05-2012, 5:09am
Couldn't give a fat rats..........

I @ M
24-05-2012, 6:31am
Why are we discussing American rugby with heaps of padding in the State Of Oregon (http://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&q=oregon&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x54936e7c9b9f6a55:0x7d4c65db7a0bb876,Oregon,+USA&gl=au&ei=O0i9T9D1Ke6PiAfu_qjoDw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CB8Q8gEwAg) on an Australian photography forum? :confused013

LJG
24-05-2012, 6:31am
It's all about Queensland.

That is very true Lance, it is all about Queensland. Commiserations to all the southern folk.

I @ M
24-05-2012, 6:36am
The sport theses days is peachy compared to yesteryear with dangerous play being heavily penalised, unlike yesteryear with coat hangers, spear tackles and punch ups common place, though it's far more skilful with far better athletes these days with modern coaching and training methods.

In all my years of playing the gentleman's game of billiards I have never seen such tactics used. :D

ving
24-05-2012, 8:55am
the game has gone the way that F1 did... I used to follow F1 till every race was won by schumacher... it became boring cause there was no competition. SOO is the same. the toads keep winning like there is no competition so therefore its boring...

I'll care if the roaches can get off thier collective arses and win. till then its a non event and a foregone conclusion to me.

knumbnutz
24-05-2012, 7:20pm
You people....
Why does it always seem that the losing team is the ones that "dont give a rats" :D
I was a kid when i saw the first game in 1980 and I think the first 10-15yrs of it meant the most. I do feel for NSW at the moment though, they really didnt look like they had their heart in it, TBO.
I had a few light beers down the pub with old school friends including the same friend who I watched the first game with - while watching the best team on the night win. That meant the world to me.

Kerrie
24-05-2012, 8:25pm
:efelant: :party6: :efelant:

fenderstrat1963
26-05-2012, 7:17am
My son actually comes out of his room (always online with friends) and sits with us - we barrack for Queensland then he goes back to his room...

Mark L
26-05-2012, 8:22pm
^ for your sake, I wish there were more origin games!
Though I suspect the tide is about to turn (please), so would he bother if N.S.W. start winning. :confused013

fenderstrat1963
27-05-2012, 4:37am
That's OK - win or lose (and we don't like losing) he knows you still have to support the team. :)

OzzieTraveller
27-05-2012, 6:08pm
G'day all

To the OP who posed this Q ... because this is a nice site and certain standards are required or me / us ...
I'll just have to say "who gives a ratz about it ~ I am one of thousands [the silent majority] who just turn it off and enjoy a good book or ... [can't say more as this is a PG site]

Regards, Phil

Mark L
27-05-2012, 7:57pm
:)
That's fair enough Phil. Thanks for joining the noisy minority in this thread saying they don't give a ratz.
:D

Cage
28-05-2012, 7:09pm
One thing all the controversy has done is to set the stage for a cracking game in a couple of weeks.

I'm damn sure that either team winning will not create a life changing moment for me, but I'm still looking forward to the game with much anticipation.

Bring it on !

Searover
29-05-2012, 11:12pm
There is only one state, COLLINGWOOD !!!!

Go the PIES

ving
30-05-2012, 2:26pm
There is only one state, COLLINGWOOD !!!!

Go the PIESanother state.... denial :p

selaw
07-06-2012, 10:38am
I care & I am BLUES through & through !!!

fillum
13-06-2012, 5:44pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbgShiaal6E

norwest
13-06-2012, 5:45pm
I care & I am BLUES through & through !!!

In the words of Rod Stewart, tonight's the night.

Mark L
13-06-2012, 10:09pm
norwest got it right.
:efelant::efelant::efelant: