PDA

View Full Version : Fixing eyes

reaction
12-05-2012, 10:27pm
I have these eyes

It's red-eye but it's not really red. I tried PS's tools, but I can't do much. I can take out the red hue, but it still looks wierd with the big white spot. Is there a way to fix this?

Eberbachl
12-05-2012, 10:43pm
Turn the big red spot into a big black spot instead of a big white spot.

;)

Eberbachl
12-05-2012, 10:49pm
Here's a very quick go at it. Not perfect, but better I think.

I just zoomed in to some crazy magnification and played around with the airbrush tool.

;)

reaction
14-05-2012, 9:18pm
I tried but not sure hhow. I just end up with a dull black plastic looking disc in the middle.

RMPhoto
18-05-2012, 9:23pm
An option that I have used on a few occasions:

In Photoshop - Select the Brush Tool, Resize the brush so that it is at least smaller than the area you are treating. Change the Mode from "Normal" to "Colour" then paint over the Eye Area that you are worried about. This will reduce the colour.

The thing is that in the example shown there is very little "colour" surrounding the Iris, so anything is going to look a bit strange - because typically we are used to looking at nice Black Iris' in photos. If the "Colour" removal option above isn't perfect, you can then just try using the Burn Tool to darken the iris a bit to make it a little less noticable.

Also you might look at brightening up the whole Eye as well, that will help draw attention away - I duplicate the layer, brighten the image up till the eyes are over-brightened, then drop a layer mask on top and invert it - you then just paint in the bits of the eye you want to brighten.

This was the best I could get it too

Sorry if I lost you - hope it is of some help?

Ross...

reaction
21-05-2012, 1:27pm
I guess it should be like a black sphere, but the best I get is like yours with some tint around the edge. I wonder if it's easier to render a 3D sphere and cut out a shape to fit onto the area.

But in the end it's too hard to even get a fake looking result. I wonder if red eye mode would help, I was 10m away and flash was only contributing about 2 stops.

ameerat42
21-05-2012, 1:33pm
Post a bigger shot. It has still got to look natural. Can't work on this.
Am.

RMPhoto
23-05-2012, 10:41pm
Another option - have you got another shot without red eye. Sometimes I find it easier to just "drop" in a new eye, and blend it into the picture. Works well with Blinking shots, and dodgy eye shots - just clone in another eye from a shot later in the day. Not always an option but sometimes worth a try.

Ross...