PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started on Canvas Print

martindktran
11-05-2012, 12:39pm
Hi Everyone,

I got a few people who wants a print out of a panoramic photo I took of Sydney.
The problem is I have no experience or idea on what to charge them. Personally I just will charge them something so I can make even for the resource it took me to print and frame.

I got a friend who has an Epson 7900 printer which allows for canvas print.
My question is has anyone had experience buying canvas material from ebay, also how did you go about with quality of the canvas.. is quality of the canvas something I should worry about, or should I be more concerned about just the printing quality.

I already have some person who could do frames and canvas stretching so I am not too concerned about that.

Any advise would be good advise thank you.

davsv1
11-05-2012, 1:20pm
If your friend has an Epson 7900 he/she should have contact with a paper supplier, DES or Kayell to name just 2, they should be able to supply a roll of premium quality canvas for around $250.00. It is pointless using an archival printer without using archival media. Inova, Canson Hanhemhule are all top quality, there are probably others to, but go for the best.

kiwi
11-05-2012, 1:55pm
with the (low) cost on canvas prints from places like the site sponsors here im seriously wondering why you would bother trying to do it yourself, especially for the first time.

Id also charge the client 2x what it costs to get done. :)

martindktran
11-05-2012, 2:03pm
Hi Darren, too be honest I was unaware of the sponsors of the site and all the available services. And I will now look into that.
Also 2x the cost... yes I considered that but I was just trying to somehow put myself out there.. so I didnt think about the cost to much but thanks for the suggestion =]

reaction
17-05-2012, 12:22pm
how do low cost printers compare with high cost ones, or diy prints?