PDA

View Full Version : Hobart: Fungi hunters meet : this Saturday (12th May)

ricktas
10-05-2012, 6:38am
Weather Permitting, I am going to do some fungi hunting on Saturday. Planning to start around 10.00am. Close to Hobart (10 minute drive from city centre) and then about 15-20 minute, up hill walk on a walking track to get to me 'secret gully'.

If anyone wants to come along, post in here and I will get the details to you.

rene52
10-05-2012, 8:18am
I'd love to but I am not in Tas. Was there back in march and got some fungi out near Arthurs River - looks like carot that has been thinly cut. Post some up when you get a chance cant wait to see some.

CherylB
10-05-2012, 8:55am
Hehe! You're a week out Rick! I went to your secret gully last weekend! ;) It wasn't too bad for fungi but not as good as it has been. I won't be able to make this one unfortunately - pity, because I'm a sucker for fungi! :rolleyes:

ricktas
10-05-2012, 12:01pm
Hehe! You're a week out Rick! I went to your secret gully last weekend! ;) It wasn't too bad for fungi but not as good as it has been. I won't be able to make this one unfortunately - pity, because I'm a sucker for fungi! :rolleyes:

i went a few weeks ago and someone had stampled a lot of it. After the recent rain, thought I would try again

ScottM
10-05-2012, 12:26pm
I've thought about doing something similar - in my back yard too :) At the moment I have to catch up on other things, and too tired from a big upgrade and late nights since trying to sort things still :(

stoogest
11-05-2012, 7:10am
Would love to Rick, but unfortunately I'm going to be in Brisbane. The June meetup is looking promising though at this stage...

Andrew.

ricktas
11-05-2012, 8:07am
Ah well, I will toddle off into the Aussie bush..might take the labradors with me..though that will make it a long day, as my 'old boy' is damn slow these days (arthritis). Hope to be able to show you some photos tomorrow afternoon.

stoogest
11-05-2012, 7:28pm
I know what you mean. Our shepherd is slowing down with arthritis these days as well. Still thinks she's a puppy though...

ricktas
12-05-2012, 8:36am
I'm not heading out this morning either. Still gusting quite strongly here (it was rather windy overnight), and the last thing I need is a tree branch clonking me on the head in the bush!

ScottM
12-05-2012, 10:06am
Not great weather at all. It's calmed down here now, and the mountain's clearer than it was a couple hours ago. Don't think it'll improve much today though.
At least if the old boy's slow it gives you more time to get pics! :)