PDA

View Full Version : D90 Stuck on movie mode

slo 057
06-05-2012, 9:30pm
Hey, as mentioned i was out and about with the D90 today and it switched into movie mode. I thought all you had to do was push the button down but it did not work, i have googled and searched hi and low and cant find a reason as to why it would stick in movie mode.
Help will be great as im :hb:

matt

dieselpower
07-05-2012, 5:56pm
From memory, the way to record movies on the D90 is to activate live view, then press the OK button to start recording.

Can you be a bit more specific about what's happening? Is it stuck in Live View mode (ie the screen is on constantly)? If so, pressing the 'LV' button should get rid of it...

Page 50 in your manual (if you don't have it, you can download it at http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/kie88335f7869dfuejdl=-cww2/D90_en.pdf) details movie mode.

Failing that you have a few options for reset. It will change a lot of things back (image size, quality, iso etc) but not sure if it does any movie settings. pp 75, 172 and 260 in the manual.

arthurking83
07-05-2012, 8:48pm
I've read the OP's query a number of times now, trying to make heads or tails of it, and it seems as tho(from my latest interpretation) that the camera is set to Lv mode.

That is, when the OP is trying to use the camera as a normal DSLR, the camera is set to Live View mode, and the viewfinder is blacked out.

If pressing the Lv button doesn't deactivate live live view mode than there is a possibility that it's collapsed or damaged from the underside of the external button.

Until the OP returns with more exacting info, we have no real idea as to what the actual issue is.

ScottM
07-05-2012, 9:33pm
I agree with both of you, and I did re-read the OPs post a couple times today.

I tried on my D90, and then checked my manual too. To record a movie, hit LV, focus, and then the OK button. To stop, press OK again. To play back, go to that movie in the 'browser', and press OK.

It wasn't just stuck in LV mode?

If the camera is turned off, does the shutter close again, and does it revert to the above behaviour? Can a new photo or video be taken? If the normal start-stop doesn't work it'd be either the button or the shutter.

Agree with Diesel otherwise - if the camera's reset, does it still not terminate recording?

dieselpower
07-05-2012, 9:42pm
Pretty sure that turning the camera off resets live view too, so turn it off and back on and the monitor should be off.

(I also read it several times trying to figure out what was happening and the nearest I got was that Live View was stuck on).