PDA

View Full Version : National Meets 2012 - June 2/3 - Hunter, Central Coast & Lake Macquarie

WhoDo
02-05-2012, 7:29am
National Meets 2012 - June 2/3

The floor is now open for suggestions on a location suitable to as many APers as possible. It's the anniversary of AP's founding and I expect Rick will also offer up some challenges for the various venues to compete with one another.

If nothing else, it's a great opportunity for us to get together in person and share our passion.:beer_mug:

Derek-C
02-05-2012, 8:33am
Make it The Sunday and Alma and I will be there.

Derek

Cage
02-05-2012, 6:10pm
I should be OK for either day Was. :cool:

alf6
05-05-2012, 12:51am
Hi, I'm game. Look forward to spending time with other photographers.

Bruce.

WhoDo
05-05-2012, 8:10am
Hi, I'm game. Look forward to spending time with other photographers.

Welcome aboard, Bruce. What we need are suggestions for a location that suits as many as possible. Not easy when you have members as far south as Gosford, north to Port Stephens and west to Maitland and beyond! :eek:

We'll come up with something before June 2nd, though. :th3:

David Kembrey
05-05-2012, 2:30pm
I am keen as well, anywhere suits really. Will keep an eye out to see what date and where as a bit brain dead at the moment from all the house and job hunting.
cheers

WhoDo
14-05-2012, 5:49pm
:gday: Ok, the thread has gone a bit quiet. I'm looking for suggestions for a venue. What about the Newcastle foreshore park? It was pretty packed on Mother's Day Sunday but shouldn't be that bad on the 2/3 June weekend. Also, since only one member has expressed a preference, is everyone happy with Sunday? :beer_mug:

livio
14-05-2012, 5:57pm
Hi All, I'm game I have a class on Saturday Mornings at Tafe so Sunday would be better for me I live south of Sydney so Newcastle etc is still okay Port Stephens as pretty as it is, is a little far.

WhoDo
14-05-2012, 8:43pm
Hi All, I'm game I have a class on Saturday Mornings at Tafe so Sunday would be better for me I live south of Sydney so Newcastle etc is still okay Port Stephens as pretty as it is, is a little far.

Hi livio. These are national meets so there will definitely be something closer to home for you. Keep your eyes open here for the Sydney alternatives. :cool: Of course you're still welcome up here if you want to do the travelling. ;)

Mark L
18-05-2012, 9:19pm
Was keeping an eye on what you're doing, but it turns out (unless I can make a day trip :eek:) ...... no go, so,
you should all get out of your comfort zone and come to Mudgee for the weekend. :D
Then Bathurst and Orange members can make their day drip to Mudgee.
Just an off the wall thought, I'll go away now. :)

Cage
18-05-2012, 9:43pm
The Sunday and the venue is good for me Waz.

Cage
27-05-2012, 11:34am
Just reminding all that this meet is just one week away.

I'm still keen.

WhoDo
27-05-2012, 1:04pm
Just reminding all that this meet is just one week away.

I'm still keen.

Me too, Kev. It will be Sunday 3rd June. I was down at Blackbutt yesterday and it was not as heavily populated as it often is in spring and summer, so that may be a much better venue than the foreshore. It's not that much further out and there are lots of photo opportunities for all concerned. What does everyone think?

I thought a picnic lunch, bring your own lunch and chairs, find a nice shady spot to act as our base and then branch out to the opportunities as we feel the mood take us. Does that suit others? My concern about the foreshore is that it's so exposed if it is either windy or rainy. At least at Blackbutt we'll be sheltered from most winds and the sheds are available if it takes a dampish turn. I'm happy either way, if it suits everyone else. What about a 10:30am start?

Cage
27-05-2012, 7:53pm
I'm cool with Blackbutt. :cool:

WhoDo
30-05-2012, 6:13pm
Ok, then, since there have been no objections or alternative suggestions our Hunter version of the AP National Meet will be as follows:

Date: Sunday 3rd June, 2012
Time: 10:30am - 2:00pm (or whenever)
Venue: Blackbutt nature reserve, Carnley Avenue entrance.
Location: Go to the cross-over below the duck pond and turn right towards the covered table area. If that area is occupied or reserved there will be plenty of space around instead.
BYO: Food, chairs, table (if required), beverage, camera, lenses, batteries, sunscreen, hat, insect repellent, sense of humour, partner, enthusiasm, etc. ... :efelant::beer_mug:

PS: If you need to confirm you've found the right group, check my profile photo (no, not the koala) or just look for a HUGE guy (192cm, 165kg) with a white beard, not much hair and thumping great Nikon D7000 glued to his paws! :D

Cage
01-06-2012, 6:59pm
Just watched Gav do the weather.

Not looking too flash for Sunday. :(

WhoDo
01-06-2012, 8:29pm
Just watched Gav do the weather.

Not looking too flash for Sunday. :(

Dead right, Kev. Don't fancy huddling in an open-sided shelter while the rain blows through sideways!:eek: I'll make a call tomorrow evening. Worst case scenario we postpone till the following Sunday. After all, the Sydney-siders had their meet last weekend. :confused013

WhoDo
02-06-2012, 5:43pm
Forecast showing improvement! :efelant: BOM says "Rain easing during the morning" and the weather radar seems to show the storm will pass early Sunday. I will be at Blackbutt at 10:30am Sunday. Those attending please PM me here and I'll give you my mobile number for reference. :beer_mug:

Newcastle - Hunter - Central Coast venue is in this thread:
http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?103947-National-Meets-2012-June-2-3-Hunter-Central-Coast-amp-Lake-Macquarie&p=1026521#post1026521

Cage
02-06-2012, 7:24pm
Hey Big Wazoo

I'll see what tomorrow's weather brings before I make a decision. Even if it's not raining, if it's cold and windy I'll pass as I've been trying to shake a cold for too long.

WhoDo
02-06-2012, 8:25pm
Hey Big Wazoo

I'll see what tomorrow's weather brings before I make a decision. Even if it's not raining, if it's cold and windy I'll pass as I've been trying to shake a cold for too long.
How did you know my wazoo was big? :D Don't blame ya', Kev. I'll be checking in the morning again, too. If it doesn't look like the rain is easing then I'll post a new date; probably next weekend. :confused013

WhoDo
03-06-2012, 7:53am
Ok, there's still light rain over the area and according to the radar a bunch of heavier stuff on the way. I'm making a call to POSTPONE until next Sunday at the same venue, same time, same instructions. Click thanks those who were keen and agree with the call.

Derek-C
03-06-2012, 10:11am
Sorry Waz but I have an appointment with a shotgun and some clay targets at Taree next weekend.

I will endever to catch up with you all next meet.

Here is hoping for some fine weather for next time.

Derek

WhoDo
06-06-2012, 6:54pm
Sorry Waz but I have an appointment with a shotgun and some clay targets at Taree next weekend.

Disappointing, Derek ... well for us, not for you. Have fun breaking plates and in the meantime we'll try to enjoy the promised sunshine at Blackbutt! :D